Moving forward

< - - - -  click here if you like to TRAVEL!! – rooooaaadddd tttrrriiiipppp. Or been to the MED? Is it amazing, or is it amazing?

Copyright©JodieFranken2011

Enjoy it guys! <3 Thx for sticking around

(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)

Lymmington Heights

Chapter 16: Moving Forward,

Naturally, goodbye’s are the often the most difficult moments of one’s life. This was most definitely true in the case of Lea and Harry, many were the nights that Lea cried herself to sleep missing her dear, close  friend and suitor. She dreamed of him almost constantly, and couldn’t wait for her own venture out of the gates of Lymmington Heights.  Just a night or two longer and she’d be on her way. She rose quietly, and walked to her window, sitting beside it she admired the land below, and again thought of all she’d do turn it into it’s full potential once it became her possession, she was going to make it a vineyard of which she’d bear the finest wines. She – and possibly Daniel too, if she could convince him – would create a family business which would be a family heir-loom for years, decades and centuries to come.

She watched as the sun rose, peeping ever so slightly over the mountainous valleys, it’s rays gently forming lit stripes across the ground. She was amazed by the beauty. Nature was something of which she could never get enough. It was the one genuine and constant thing which people of all the world can relate to. She always found it extremely inspiring, and refreshing.

She thought about the times they’d spent around the swimming dam, and the kayaking disasters which ended up in many laughs most of the time. She smiled at the memories, and was sad and nervous about leaving that all behind, but she too was excited about the new adventure she was about to set on.

♥♥♥♥

Lea was finished doing all she had to do for the day, tomorrow would be the day that she left behind everything she’d ever known, her whole life basically. There was of course comfort in knowing that it wasn’t permanent, and she would return soon.

She knew that this was her opportunity to grow a little, to show them that she was responsible and that she was capable of taking care of herself. She knew that was her father’s worry, and that’s why they were pushing her into marriage, although the other, deeper reasons were unknown,  this was one thing she was confident of. She always managed to understand her father like that, even if he wasn’t straight forward about his feelings, she’d suss it out before he had a chance to say. She read people well, and sensed their body language, often pairing up a couple who days or weeks later were courting. She enjoyed trying to judge people’s feelings and thoughts through their actions and body language.  She found it unusually amusing, actually often forgetting to partake in conversation herself due to watching those around her. [a/n: creepy habbit – I know]

She pulled out her travel bag, and started to pack. For the first time, real worry set in… what If I take to many dresses? Or too few? What’s the weather going to be like? What is the style like there? Yes, worry it was of trivial issues, but to her, it was rather serious.

She sat on her bed letting out a big sigh, doubt slowly crept into her mind.

“Lea,” her mom asked, entering, “Are you packed?”

“No,” Lea said glumly, “I honestly haven’t a clue where to start.”

“Don’t worry. You still have time, we need to load it all tonight though, because you’re leaving first thing in the morning,”

“I know, could you help me please? Advise me? I don’t know what I’ll need,”

“Sure, c’mon tell me what you’re considering?”

So, they spent a few hours trying on and choosing dresses that Lea would take with her, then they packed her other essentials and of course a letter writing set so she wouldn’t forget to keep in touch with them. Her mom held her tightly.

“I’m truly going to miss you my darling,” she whispered, “but I know you’ll be just fine,”

Lea smiled inwardly, as a single silent tear escaped, traced her upper cheek, and nose before falling delicately on the floor.

“I love you, ma ma, I will miss you,”

“You will, but you will enjoy the space too,”

She was comforted deeply by her mother’s words, and she knew it was true. This time would do her and Harry, and Damian too the world of Good. Suzie suddenly appeared,

“My lady, there is a guest for you,” she beckoned Lea,

Utterly annoyed Lea quickly checked her face in the mirror, and followed Suzie, rather unwillingly.

“Hello my lady,” a voice she didn’t want to hear called,

“Go away, okay. You don’t get it do you? You don’t. I don’t want to see you until I return, and I swear I will personally..”

“Please,” he rudely interrupted her, “Just give me a chance,”

“I said, when I return. Is it that large of a challenge to abide by a simple restriction?”

“Yes, Lea,” his voice rose, “When it comes to you, even a second feels to long, I couldn’t let you depart us being on bad terms.”

“Fine,” she said, “ Fine, Damian.We are on good terms, I will talk further when I return home. I will no longer stand here and listen to you,”

She walked away, frustrated. He still hadn’t apologised, and she knew he couldn’t- or rather wouldn’t – befriend Harry completely willingly, or if so it would not be a genuine acquaintance, but only a means to gain her approval, and that wasn’t good enough for her.

She ordered Suzie to run her a bath, and took some time to relax before falling asleep, thinking about departure the following day. Happier things, and relevant things flooded her thoughts.

♥♥♥♥

“My lady,” Suzie gently stroked Lea’s arm, “Time for your departure has arrived,”

Lea groggily opened her eyes, being pulled from a faraway place,

“Thank you, Suzie,” she mumbled, “I’ll come now,”

She forced herself to lift from the bed, and pulled on the dress she’d left handing on the chair the previous day, she took her cloak and her bonnet and made her way to the front door. Her family all standing there to wish her a good journey.

“I love you, Pa pa,” she said hugging her father, “I promise, I will write,”

“I love you too, my dear,” he kissed her cheek, “Be safe,”

“I will,” she reassured him with a final squeeze,

Her brother stood at the carriage and lifted her into it,

“Behave yourself now,” he teased her.

“Oh, Daniel,” she pulled a shocked face, “You know I will,”

“I do,” he said smiling at her, “Enjoy it, Lea. Use it to your advantage,”

“I will,” she silently promised him, “I definitely will,”

The carriage slowly departed, the beautiful green landscape passing by. She stared out the window, once again admiring her surroundings. Fields of blossoms preceding ones of cattle which preceding those of horses. The sights and views majestic, and she never looked back…

(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)(*_*)

Sorry it's short :/ I was really deprived of sleep on my camp - so I'm exhausted, and stiff, so this is a quick filler, and as mentioned - I've already planned the rest of the book and this is all I needed to add in this chappy :)

I haven't edited yet - just wanted to upload for ya'll so hope u Enjoyed it anway x