Afternoon

I moaned as my throbbing head turned to its side. I felt like the world was screaming in my ears, waiting for me to wake. I opened my heavy eyelids slowly, and checked my setting. I was at the school sick bay."hey, your up!" A voice said, though it sounded to me as though she had shouted. Turning to the source, I saw Kari and Aqui sitting by both sides of my bed. I lifted a hand to rub my eyes."what..happened?" My voice croaked, each syllable bringing me back to reality.The two shared a worried look, before turning back to me."you sort of..fainted. The class saw you fall, and you kinda started a commotion. Sir idiot came in and started smacking you thinking you were just faking, hence the black eye. Peter came and broke it up, and with Conor's help, they carried you here. Ali and April had to go catch the bus, chris and Conor are waiting outside." Aqui explained to me. I sat up further, moaning quietly. "And where is my knight in shining armour?" My friends smirked at my sarcasm, a sign I was feeling better. "We have no idea why, but he carried you in here, then collapsed too. He's in the bed next to you." I nodded, pulling back the curtain a little. I dropped the curtain, turning back to my friends."could you guys go grab my bag? It's in my locker." The both nodded, and walked out the doors.

I smiled as they left, but as soon as they'd gone I leaped off the covers, ripping back the curtain between myself and Peter. Sure enough, there he was, lying peacefully. I couldn't help but feel my face heat as I looked him over, but i snapped at myself. What was that? Around his head? I blinked several times. I had to be seeing things, because shimmering around someone only happened in films, done by effects..right? However, when I looked back at him, the shimmering was still there. In fact, it had enhanced. This was crazy."h-hey...Peter.." I tried shaking him gently. He shivered. This was worrying, he wasn't even stirring. Time for old fashioned tactics. I shook his shoulders roughly."PETER WAKE UP!!" I shouted at him. His eyes flew open, and he shot up, throwing me off the bed. I rubbed my posterior." Ok, ow..remind me to bring protection next time you wake up" he looked at me, alarmed. The shimmering disappeared, but had it really been there to begin with? He offered me a hand, and in turn I pulled him up out of bed. I smiled, still holding his hand."are you alright Peter?" He nodded, and smiled back at me."Peter! I heard what happened, are you-" a girl with platinum blonde hair slammed open the doors. Seeing that he was ok, her look of worry turned to one of annoyance."jeez, you need to be more careful Peter, you can't go fainting like this." I just gawked at her, confused."um..I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" She turned to me."My name is Lily, and you are?" I introduced myself to her, trying to be polite."well, nice to meet you, but Peter, we gotta go." She took his arm and dragged him out the door, Peter giving me a frantic wave. Standing alone, I watched them leave. Who was she to just drag him out like that? Go figure. This has been one freaky day. The door opened again, and in came chris and Conor."oh wow, are you ok there?" Chris asked me, smiling to see that I was ok. I nodded. Together we walked out to meet Kari and Aqui. The sun outside was warm, and I felt energised once again. Laughing, I challenged the guys to a race. Running ahead, I snatched Aqui's ds. She freaked and began chasing me.

I slid open the front door, tossing my keys on the table. It had been quite a day. I left my shoes scattered by the welcome mat inside. It was normal for no one to be home at this time. My brother had music practice, he was in a band and both my parents were at work. That was ok though, I had the house to myself. Switching on my music, I pulled out the blender and threw in a few bits of fruit and milk. Taking my beverage, I flopped onto the couch. My mind hazy, I tried to piece together what had happened today. A red door, mysterious "ghost",crazy teachers,unexpected fainting and a new friend who "glitters" in his sleep. What had I stumbled upon at this school? It had seemed normal in the brochure, and no one else seemed to be effected, so was it just me? I couldn't think about this anymore, I had homework to do. Pulling out my textbooks, I began the long hours of study.

-a few days went by, and nothing out of the ordinary took place. However on Friday..-