School days

It was a normal spring day. The air was warm, and the sun was shining. I walked along in my new school uniform, my art portfolio in my hand. Despite it being such a nice morning, the road was deserted. The trees on the path below danced for me as I watched them. I smiled. So far so good. Today was the first day on a new school year, and my friends and I had enrolled to the same school. I trotted up the stairs, and almost skipped the remainder of the way. In the air was traces of freshly baked bread from the bakery below, and newly mown grass. As I continued down my path, I saw one of my dear friends, Alicia. She was waiting at the front gate, leaning back and looking up. I greeted her cheerily, and she turned, smiling wide."hey Ali, what's up? How were your holidays?" "They were fine, my little sisters and I went to the pool a lot, but nothing compares to our beach trip!" She and I giggled. It felt good to talk with her. Apart from the beach trip in late December to early January, I had hardly seen any of my friends due to my parents needing my help with my little sister. It had been fine of course,I love my lil sis dearly, but the consequence was that I'd hardly had any chances to spend with my friends. " yeah, we had such a great time, you squealed every time a cute guy walked by Alicia!" Following the voice, I spied my friend Kari lazily looking down on us from her perch on the gate. I shook my head and smirked up at her." Come on Kari, you were just as excited as Ali with all the guys there." She grinned cheekily at me, before jumping down with ease. I was a little surprised, with the gate being at least 30cm above my head, and I was the tallest out of us! Well, apart from my gamer friend, the amazing Aquila, who is huge! I hugged both of my friends and we walked inside the towering gates.

Each of our lockers were close to each other, so we had about 10 minutes to catch up. We passed a few of my guy friends on our way in, and the geek side of me came out. I leaped onto one of the taller ones, Conor, and wrapped my arms around both his shoulder and my friend chris'. Surprised by my sudden contact the two tumbled down. I grimaced, but smiled broadly, pulling them both up. I chattered with them, excited to see them again. I could feel Kari and Alicia smirk and share an amused look while I was talking. I was a nerd and they knew it, but lucky for me, I was the fun kind. I went back to the girls, only to feel a pair of arms leaning on my head."oi! Aqui, I know that's you! I'm not a table! Get off meeeeeeeeeeeee!" I whined at her, and I could hear her snicker." It's not my fault your a midget." I pushed her hands off, and fake punched her in the arm. She grinned, and waved at Alicia and Kari. "Hey, where's April? Shouldn't she be here by now?" I asked the guys. April was normally late by a little bit, but never this late."she texted me earlier, she's going to be late because her car broke down and she's gonna tram it. She said she'll meet us at recess." I nodded. The bell sounded, sending us running to get our books for our first lesson. We made it to our seats just as the door slammed open, and a grumpy man in his early forties with huge buck teeth stomped in. I groaned inwardly. I could already tell that this guy was going to be a pain. I glanced over at Aqui, who made a face. I nearly burst out laughing, if it wasn't for the death glare our teacher shot at us.

"Alright you little shits, quit the jabber! I'm your new homeroom teacher, Savan Incaturi, its Mr incaturi to you! and you'd better not forget it! I'll also be teaching you history and phys ed, and if you fail, you'll be in my asshole list. Now, your first lesson is art, so I'll leave you shits to the poor teacher who comes next. Art doesn't start for another ten minutes though, so your going to sit here and talk about reasonable things. But you'd better talk quietly, or so help me I'LL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL!! Are we clear?!" I felt a shudder move through the class as we all nodded. The teacher then slumped in his chair, and began to read."Oh my god, that kook is so annoying!" Kari whispered to me, and I agreed."we should give him a nickname, one that fits him better." Alicia murmured to us. Luckily, the seats we'd picked were in a square. Alicia and Aquila were in front, whilst Kari and I sat behind them." I have a great nickname, what about sir idiot? It fits him perfectly don't you think?" Aqui snickered to us. We all held in our laughter." So what do you think our other teachers are like?" I asked. " I really hope they're not as bad as sir idiot here." Kari stated and secretly pointed at our home room teacher. We all nodded, and he saw us looking at him. He scowled, and leaped out of his seat. He stomped right toward us, eyes like fire." You gossiping about me you stupid pricks? Don't think I can't tell when your looking at me! What are you talking about? Answer me!" My friends froze, getting nervous. I stood, facing my teacher. I noticed I was taller than him by about a head."pardon me sir, but I think you are wrongly accusing us. We are merely discussing our holidays, that's all." My heart was thumping as I tried to stay calm. Hopefully I didn't look as nervous as I felt. He looked up at me with a murderous frown." Be sure that's all your talking about. Talking back to your teacher too, your lucky you don't make it onto my asshole list." And with that, he skulked back to his seat. I sighed, and sat back down." Hey, thanks for covering us!" Aqui said. I smiled."it's alright, we always get into mischief together right?" We all deviously looked at our teacher. Now, we weren't bad students, quite the opposite in fact, but we had a habit that if a teacher we didn't like did something bad to us,( which the teachers we picked were always disliked by the class and almost everyone around them) we would get them back in some way. Last year, we had dropped a bucket of honey and charcoal onto our music teacher because she had unfairly accused our class of stealing. We got away with it too, and as it turned out, it was one of the other teachers who had stolen from her. We all looked deviously at each other, and began plotting. It had to be something new of course, but we also needed Aprils opinion. She loved playing pranks with us and constantly thought of brilliant ideas. Our plans were interrupted as the bell rang again, sending sir idiot right out the door. He smashed it shut, leaving us to talk again. Conor and chris slumped into the chairs next to us." That guy is such a douche! I saw how he confronted you guys. Completly idiotic." Chris exclaimed. I giggled at his outburst." Funny you should call him idiotic, because we've dubbed him sir idiot!" Alicia laughed. The two boy stopped for a moment, then burst out, snorting in laughter."that's amazing! I can't believe you thought of that!" Conor said. Aquila smirked. We all began to carelessly chatter again, and we let the boys in on our prank, but of course, they had to be sworn to secrecy first.