Lessons 2-3 english and science

Back in the classroom, the windows open halfway the allow the breeze inside, we sat in our seats, waiting for our teacher to come. We weren't sure who we were going to have next, but luckily we had English. I pulled out a novel and began to read, while the others started discussing the book the hunger games. The second movie of the trilogy was coming out soon, and we were all going to see it together. April began writing her story, it already had seven chapters. I always loved reading her chapters, as most of us were in her story, along with a few others I didn't know. The seconds ticked into minutes. Where was our teacher? Were they even coming? The class quietly chattered and I wondered what the problem was. I told Kari that I was going to look for our teacher, and asked if she could message me if they arrived when I was gone. I walked out, looking down the unfamiliar halls that towered above me. It was deathly quiet. Spooky. I quickened my pace, walking down a flight of stairs to the corridors below. This was odd. I almost walked right past the red door down the hall. For some reason, it caught my eye. I was drawn to it, and for some reason, wanted to know what was inside. My hand closed on the handle, about to tug it open.

"excuse me? Could you help me? I'm lost.." I turned to see a young woman

In a creme dress and a light grey cardigan, barely holding onto a pile of heavy textbooks."cripes! Jeez miss, you shouldn't carry so many-"as I rushed forward to take some from her, she stumbled. I only just managed to snag her arm before she landed on the floor too." Are you alright? You're not hurt are you?" I steadied her, making sure she wasn't going to fall again. Silly woman had worn heels on what looked like her first day. I bent down to pick up the textbooks."thank you. Maybe you could help me?" The teacher asked me." Yes, well... I'll help if I can." She smiled at me, taking half of the textbooks from me." My name is Emma whitty, I'm a new English and science teacher. I'm a little bit lost." I stopped for a moment, looking directly at her."ms whitty huh? I think you may be my new teacher...but if your lost I'm not sure i can help you there." I smiled sheepishly at her.

We walked back the way I thought was the way to the classroom. It wasn't noticeable at first, but as we kept walking, I felt the room temperature drop. I shivered, and saw that ms whitty had stopped. She was looking directly forward, past me. She was almost in a trance . I waved a hand past her face, then followed her gaze. The hall had fog swirling on the ground, the lights were flickering. A dark silhouette appeared, heavy footsteps echoed around us. My heart sped up, the hair on my neck stood up. I didn't dare find out what would've happened if we stayed. I tugged at ms whittys arm, and broke into a run, fleeing back down another corridor. I didn't care where we were going, just away from that place. We were both gasping, I wasn't really looking where I was going until-"ok, ow..." Before I even noticed, I of course had crashed into someone. As it turned out, Aqui had gone looking for us, and she lead us back to the classroom. We missed out on english, so we started straight onto science. Lessons went on as normal...as they could be. There was definitely something strange going on here, the question was... What was it?