Chapter Seven

Sorry for the very late update.
Thank you for all the votes and comments. :) ~Heza-chan

I sat quietly beside Yuri, who was still unconscious. After Yuri got hit, Warrod grabbed him and Precht then started running for the forest near Magnolia with Mavis, Zera and I close behind him. Once we were deep in the forest, Warrod set Yuri and Precht down. I patched them up the best I could. Luckly their injuries weren't too severe. Precht woke up a few minutes later.

"Let's sleep here tonight," Warrod said, "I wanna get Yuri and Precht to a doctor fast, but..."

Precht cut him off, "I'm fine."

"It seems like a long way to the next town," Zera mumbled.

Mavis stood up, "I'll draw some water."

I watched her sadly as she walked away. I knew Mavis thought everything that happened was her fault, but it wasn't. I look down at Yuri who was groaning in his sleep.

"Please wake up," I whispered.

I heard Warrod and Precht say something about finding firewood and dinner, then they walked off leaving me alone with Yuri. I felt tears start to form in my eyes.

"Yuri," I sniffed, "please wake up. You have to wake up. We need you," I closed my eyes, "I need you. So please wake up Yuri."

"W...what did you say?"

I opened my eyes to see Yuri awake.

"Say it again," he said in a scratchy voice.

"Say what again?"

"About you needing me."

I blushed, "I...I..."

He smirked weakly as he watched me stutter.

I shook my head the glared at him, "what were you thinking? Jumping in front of me like that. You could've been killed!"

He sighed, "I couldn't let you get hurt."

"I can take care of myself."

"I know that," he sat up a little, "but I will still protect you, Yuki. I protect the ones I care about," I hugged him tightly, "ow!"

"Please don't scare me like that again."

I felt his arms wrap around me, "I won't. I promise."

I pulled away and looked into his green eyes, "and Yuri..."

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

He nodded before slowly leaning in. I started to close my eyes.

'He's going to kiss me!"

I felt his breath on my lips when...

"We found dinner!"

We quickly moved away from each other as Warrod and Precht walked out of the bushes.