Chapter Five

Sorry for the late update. I lost something very precious to me over the weekend, and I've been too emotional to finish and add this chapter, so I'm sorry if this chapter sucks.

Thank you for all the votes and comments. ~Heza-chan

Thanks to the information Mavis and Precht got on Blue Skull, we were on our way to a town called Magnolia. Unfortunately, we had to walk all the way.

"We still haven't arrived in Magnolia," Yuri asked after half a day.

"It'll take three more days of walking," Precht told him.

Yuri's eyes widened, "eh?!"

"Let's camp out in this area tonight," Warrod suggested.

Zera groaned, "sleeping outside?!"

"It sounds like fun," Mavis smiled at Zera, "right, Zera?"

"This isn't Tenroujima," Zera reminded her, "we're in the middle of a muggy forest," she sealed when a big bug crossed her path, "look! There are weird bugs, too...and maybe poisonous snakes!"

I laughed, "you're so dramatic, Zera."

"But big sis..."

"It'll be fine," I told her.

"It's not fine!"

"We'll all...," Mavis threw her hands up cheering, "camp together!"

Everyone agreed that we would camp for the night. We found a nice little clearing to set our stuff down.

"All right! I'll gather stuff for a fire," Yuri told us before walking off.

Precht started walking in the opposite direction, "I'll hunt down our dinner."

Warrod nodded, "then I'll search for plants that seem edible."

Yuki and I will stand guard here," Mavis called after them before looking at Zera.

"Well then," Zera thought for a moment, "I'll catch a fish!"

She ran off. Mavis and I sat down waiting for the others to return.

"Hey Mavis," she looked at me, "why did you want me to watch over the camp with you?"

"Because we've been walking for hours, and I know your leg starts to hurt when you've been on it for a while," she explained.

She was right. My leg was bothering me, but I didn't want to be a burden so I kept my mouth shut.

I smiled, "thanks Mavis."

She smiled back. Suddenly there was a scream.

I stood up, "that sounds like..."

Mavis shot up, "Zera!"

We ran in the direction of the scream. We found a soaked Zera sulking beside a small lake. She looked up at us.

"What are you doing," Mavis asked her.