It all comes crashing down (part 1)

I just came out of school and I'm on my way to meet my mom at Applebees. We both decided that we need to spend more one on one quality time together. So I'm a little excited about this after all that's been going on.

I'm at a point with Justin that I don't really care anymore. Which to be honest kind of scares me, how can we go from being so in love with each other to barely speaking anymore?

Maybe Lance is right, maybe this isn't love. Maybe it's a mixture of lust and the excitement of hiding around.

Ugh Lance.

It's been a few days since he confessed his true feelings for me and in a few days he leaves for good. I can barely smile, I've barely been eating, I don't answer anyone's phone calls. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel torn, I feel down, I feel broken, lost, confused, I'm just tired. I'm tired of the lies, the secrets, the concussion, I'm tired of the heart break, and all the tears. I'm so ready to give up on everything.

I'm pulling into the Applebees drive way as I see my mother waiting for me outside.

I admire her Spanish beauty as I walk towards her. Her honey brown long hair, beautiful light brown eyes, a gorgeous soft tanned skin completion. No wonder dad is still so in love after all these years.

I manage to put a real smile on my face once I see hers.

"Hey mom!" I wave as I'm approaching her.

"Hi sweetie." She brought me into a nice warm hug then held me by my hand as she took me inside the restaurant.

Yes, sometimes we still hold hands in the streets. I find that cute and comforting.

"Table for two." I tell the waitress that's wearing a dark Christmas green collard shirt that says Applebees on it. The shirt really compliments her light green eyes.

"Sure!" She said with a huge welcoming smile on her face. "Follow me." She lead us to a table for two.

I never knew how comfortable coming to an Applebees could be on a Tuesday. With the lights dimmed, the music on a perfect volume, with not a lot of people here.

As soon as we sat down I can tell my mother wanted to have a conversation about something. She has this look of concern on her face.

I burry my face in the menu trying to completely avoid any conversation that I don't feel like having.

"Soooo Rose..

She started.

"Yes mom?" I slowly put the menu in the table, showing my face little by little, inch by inch.

"You know you can talk to me about anything right?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered, short and simple. I have no idea where she's going with this.

I begin to get nervous wondering if she has a clue about Justin and I. Oh God I'll die, I swear I'll die.

"I'm your mother and a mother always knows when something is wrong with her daughter-

"What did dad tell you?" I quickly cut her off as I rolled my eyes and once again picked up the menu.

"Your dad didn't have to tell me anything baby I can see the sadness in your eyes. Now talk to me." She insisted, raising her left eye brow.

I quickly put the menu down as soon as she said she can see the sadness in my eyes.

I didn't know it was that obvious.

"I don't know where to start mom." I said in a soft tone looking at my surroundings.

"Hi are you guys ready to order?" Respectfully interrupted the waitress with a note pad, and a pen in her hand.