All Hell Breaks Loose ..

10:01pm ;

Is a Saturday night & I have no plans so I stood home. I'm laying in bed trying to read but Justin and my dads argument is getting in the way. Mom isn't here to calm anything down, she wont be here for a week. She's visiting my grandmother in Virginia. I don't even know exactly what it is that they're arguing about. But I think I have an idea what it's about.

A couple of days ago Justin was talking about how he needs a car for when school starts. Dad said no, mom put her two cents in it saying yes. And so on and so on. Things didn't end very well. I'm very upset at the fact that he's basically turning my house upside down. My parents barely ever disagreed on anything until Justin came along.

"YOU STRESS ME OUT!" I heard Justin yell.

"OH YEAH? WELL GUESS WHAT NO MATTER HOW BAD I STRESS YOU OUT YOU HAVE TO RESPECT ME BECAUSE I AM YOUR FATHER!"

Justin blurted out a very sarcastic laugh. "MY FATHER HUH? AFTER HOW MANY YEARS?"

I jumped up as I heard the house door slam. I wonder who left. I ran to my window, dad is driving off. I'm actually really pissed right now, what has dad ever done to him for him to feel like he needs to talk to him in that way. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this. I take a deep breath and make my way down the stairs into the kitchen. I find Justin sitting on the island stool. He's so pissed right now. I feel the tension, I can see it all over his face that he wants to punch something so bad. I'm standing on the opposite side of the island staring dead at him, he didn't even bother to look at me. I say something anyways...

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I argued. My eyes squinted in disbelief of what had just happened.

He's breathing heavily cracking his knuckles. Staring straight at the island marble counter.

"Justin..." I said softly.

"What?" He finally replied, but with an attitude. I mean obviously.

"Why do you constantly make dad feel like shit?"

At this point I'm even regretting saying anything to this animal.

"YOUR daddy!" He let out a small "are you serious" laugh. "That man could go to hell for all I care!"

"I can't believe you, like honestly I can't. You think you can come into my house and turn things upside down.. *I walked closer to him* You think you're better than everyone. If you thought I was gonna let you tear him down then you have something else coming for you, you fucking-

"You obviously have no idea what the fuck your talking about. He might of been the best daddy on earth to his little princess but never to me. Where was he when I needed him most? I had to watch my mother stuggle to even put food on the table. Mean while this bastard owns a restaurant and has enough money to feed an entire neighboor hood for a whole year."

He furiously stood up from his stool looking at me dead in the eyes. His voice was shaky I can tell he wants to cry so bad but he wont. I can tell he wants to say so much more. But he doesn't want to be viewed as weak. I've only known him for abouy a few months and I can read him like a book. He's sad, he's lost, he's mad at the world, he's strong but terrified. My eyes began to water thinking about my biological father. I know exactly how Justin feels. But I've been to blinde and selfish. Only worrying about how good dad is to me, but never realized how unfair he's been to Justin. I took a step back away from Justin.

"I'm-

Right before I even got the opportunity to speak he completely cut me off.

"Fuck this shit, if I'm such a bother to everyone in this house how about I just fucking leave!" He stormed off walking up the stairs into his room. I followed him every step of the way.

"Justin what the hell do you mean your leaving?" He throws on a white tee, some sweats over his basketball shorts. & starts taking clothes out of his closet like a maniac. Something got into me, I don't know what it is. But I'm not letting him leave. I start throwing all the clothes that he's taking out of his closet right back in. We did this for about 5 minutes until I pushed him away from the closet.

"You are NOT going anywhere Justin." He moved me out of the way & started packing.

"I'm fucking leaving Rose & nothings gonna stop me. So just get out of the room and don't make things more complicated than what they are for me." I took that heavy Ass luggage and a bag he on the bed, threw it in the closet and slammed the closet door. I closed his room door and locked it. He needs someone to talk to and we're gonna speak.

"Sit down!" I demanded while pointing at the bed. Surprisingly he sat down and buried his face into his hands, then ran his fingers through his hair. I sat down next to him.

"Last week you told me that if I ever needed someone to talk to you'll be here... It caught me by surprise but you meant it. I may be the biggest bitch you've ever met, and I know I haven't made things easy for you to live here. I'm sorry for the way I came at you. Is not my place. But you are a really angry person, you wouldn't be half as angry if you actually expressed your self here and there. It doesn't have to be to dad right now, but I'm here!" I gently rubbed his back with my left hand. "& I'm not gonna force you to talk now come to me when your ready. But don't leave, I've seen dad excited for a lot of things. He was excited on all my birthdays, he was excited when I turned 15, he was excited when I got my license. But never in my life I've seen him as excited as he was when he knew you we're moving in with us."

He sat there quietly, probably in shock. His eyes are watery, I can see it from the side. I moved his head gently so his eyes would meet mine.

"At the end of the way you guys will always share something that not even in my wildest dreams him and I will share." Actually saying that made a tear fall down one eye. Justin looked at me with sadness in his eyes, and wiped my tear. I pulled him in for a hug. The hug feels warm, it feels so good.

"Thank you he whispered in my ear." I pulled away from the hug & gave him a HUGE smile.

"So does this mean your staying?"

He took off his shirt and started laughing pointing at his room door. "Yes, now get out of my room!"

"Oh okay that's what I thought!" I joked while walking out of his room.

All hell broke loose today, but at the end of it all for a second time I saw another side of my step-brother.