Chapter Seventeen

If only it had been James.

It would have been amazing if it was, but it wasn't. It was my stupid way of distracting Tom. And it almost killed me. The car wasn't James', but it was on the wrong side of the road heading for us. Convenient enough timing.

I turned my head to see Tom looking ahead, terrified as he attempted to slam on the breaks.

He stayed where he was and bashed his forehead on the steering wheel, but me not having any restraints - went right out the front windscreen.

You would think I would be in pain, sprawled up on the pavement - blood everywhere- but I wasn't. I felt like I was floating up above the clouds. I felt no pain at all. Obviously that isn't normal, but I wasn't going to complain. I was peaceful.

I could feel the blood pouring out of my head and I'm certain my arm and a few other bones are broken. I don't think I can feel my toes.

This is probably going to hurt like a bitch in the morning. If I make it that far.

I never expected to meet my ends like this. Sprawled out on the road, glass and metal everywhere. I always wanted to go out in some hardcore way, not sprayed out on the road looking like road kill. But I guess that's life. Never gives you want you want. Not even with death.

I decided to lay on the ground and await my death - but it never came. That's when the pain hit me. Excrutiating pain.

"Argh!" I cried out. I would do anything to be rid of this, but what could I possibly do? I wish death would get his lazy butt up and take me already. Don't panic. If you were feeling what I was feeling, you'd want the sweet embrace of death too. 

It feels like I was hit by a truck, and the truck reversed and hit me again. Then I got flung into a bus, which knocked me into the path of a train.

My head was getting light and I was beginning to feel dizzy from the loss of blood. I closed my eyes, ready to pass out when someone picked me up.

"James?" I asked dazed. Did James come and rescue me like I was a damsel in distress? I rolled my head over and peeled my eyes open and saw the last person I wanted to see.

Tom.

"Can't you just let me die?" I groaned him, spitting out a mouthful of blood.

"Where would that get me? I wouldn't get my money if you wound up dead," he said as he began walking down the road.

That's when I looked properly at his face. There was a huge gash above his right eyebrow that was pouring out blood, and it looked like his nose was broken. But that didn't stop him from kidnapping me all over again.

 "I don't give a crap about your money, leave me here to die," I groaned, curling up in his arms.

"But if you died, James wouldn't get me my money, he'd just go off a cry in the corner like the little love struck idiot he is."

"Don't insult him," I warned, spluttering out a cough.

"What are you going to do about it? Hit me with your broken arm?"

That's when I received another shot of pain. It didn't seem to hurt until I thought about it. I looked down and saw the middle of my right arm was bent up in an unusual way.

"I just went flying out a car windscreen, how do you expect to keep me alive? I'm sure that I've got some kind of internal problems, so you're screwed buddy," I tried to torment. It ended with me coughing so hard that I spluttered blood onto his shirt. Real bad ass, Allie.