Chapter Eight

It was later that night and I slumped back onto Jesse's bed and closed my eyes, the days events replaying in my head.

"Jesse, I don't know what I'm going to do about him," I sighed. Jesse walked into the room and closed his bedroom door behind him.

"I know he's not the best Al, but you should give him a chance," Jesse suggested laying down beside me. I rolled over and put my head on his chest.

"I did, and he blew that up in my face." The image of him making out with the waitress appeared in my head and I cringed.

"Well, there's not much more you can do about that. You still had a decent time with him this afternoon though," Jesse reminded me. I sighed.

" I know, but I want to get him back somehow. Even if today went perfectly, it wouldn't make me forget what he did."

"And how were you planning on getting him back?"

"I don't know, I just want to get payback. Make him feel like how he made me feel."

"Like humiliate him?" he suggested.

"Precisely."

"We could do that. But just remember, getting revenge makes you just as bad as him. You don't have to stoop to his level, you know?"

"I have to, Jesse. It's the only way I can move on."

Jesse sighed and pulled me in closer to his chest.

"Well, if we must, I might just have an idea."

I sat up in the bed and turned to look at him.

"And that is?" I asked.

Jesse then began to tell me his plan. I jumped  up and down on the bed with excitement as he told me what we were going to do. I lifted my hand up and high-fived him.

"Yeah baby! He's not going to know what hit him!"