Chapter Eleven

One Hour to Fight

"Sure," I replied to him, not knowing what was to happen next.

"Allie," he said running his fingers through his hair, "I care about you. And sometimes I act without thinking, and it makes me seem like a bad person, but I'm not. I'm sorry for my actions this morning, but I got you something that hopefully makes up for my idiocy."

He pulled his hand out from behind him, and revealed a small box. He put his hand out to me and I looked at the box curiously.

"Wow, an apology, you called yourself stupid, and a gift. All for hitting my date," I said calmly before continuing.

 "So what happened when you embarrassed me in front of the entire school and called me ugly and told me that nobody will love me. Where was my apology for that?" I taunted.

Initially, I thought that the notion was sweet. But the fact that it is only for hitting Max, and he did nothing to apologize for what hurt me the most, infuriated me.

"I already told you. I'm sorry about that, I was young and foolish back then, but I'm different now, more mature."

"Don't give me that bullshit James!" I yelled at him, pointing my finger right at him. "It was last year! So don't tell me that you were young and foolish when it was only a few months ago. Tell me the real reason James, because I would like to know!"

"Fine! You want to know why I'm apologizing now, and did nothing back then? Because back then I didn't feel the same way about you as I do now!"

That took me back a little bit. What does he mean?

"How do you feel about me now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Just take the damn gift," he shoved the box in my hand and stormed off down the stairs. I watched him as he went, the calmly walked back into the room, where Jesse was waiting for me.

I opened the door and Jesse fell back onto the ground with a thud. I laughed at him, a mess on the floor. I jumped onto his bed and sat cross legged and held the box in my hands.

I studied it, wondering what it was. Would it blow up, or cover me in goo or something? Is it some kind of joke?

To be safe, I placed it on the edge of the bed, and lifted the lid with a coat hanger.

It didn't explode, and there wasn't anything gross in it. It was a beautiful, silver bracelet. In the box, and under the light, the diamonds on it sparkled.

I picked it up and studied it.

Nothing weird with it. It was by far the most beautiful gift anyone has ever given me. And so fancy, too. I don't care that I'm suppose to be mad at James, I wearing this beauty everywhere. I'm gonna flaunt it, because something of its sort deserves to be worn.

I slid it onto my wrist, and it sat perfectly. I smiled at it, and wriggled my wrist around to see how it sat, and looked up at Jesse.

"James gave it to me," I said, answering the question he was bound to ask.

"But its so pretty, why would he give you something so pretty?" he said, analyzing the bracelet.

"Its his way of apologizing apparently,"

I smiled to myself. Maybe James isn't so bad after all.

~*~~~*~

I was walking down the main street, going for a late afternoon shopping trip. I was still wearing James bracelet, and I haven't seen him since the argument earlier. A part of me was sad and worried, but most of me was kind of glad.

I was looking at the cute as dress in a shops window when I smashed into something hard. I felt embarrassed as I just ran into a wall, but when I looked up it wasn't a wall, it was an incredibly hot guy.

"Sorry," I apologized shyly, rubbing my forehead. This guys abs were rock hard! ...Nice

"It's fine," he smiled, looking down at me. He was also very tall. I squinted up through the sunlight, to see an young guy, about James' age - with blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair.

I went to walk around him, but he stepped to the side and blocked my path. I went to go the other way, when he took a step in the same direction as me and blocked me again.

"Excuse me?" I asked, still trying to get around him.

"You're interesting," he said, studying me.

"Thanks," I replied confused and went to move around him again only to be cut off. I was getting real tired of this game.

"I love your hair, it suits you," he said, smiling down at me. He lifted his hand up and ran his fingers down and through my hair.

"Thanks," I said pulling away. I gave up on trying to get around him. I turned around and began to walk away.

"Wait!" he called from behind me. I sighed and turned around.

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"Whats your name?" he asked, sliding his hands into his pockets. I looked him up and down, and couldn't help but stare at his chest. His white shirt was clinging perfectly to his muscles, and he had this whole smooth look about him. No, stop it Allie. This guy has creep vibes.

"Jessica Simpson, " I joked. I gave him a  fake smile and began walking again.

"Cute and funny," he remarked from behind me. I ignored him and kept walking. I was about to turn the corner, when someone grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.

"Don't ignore me," the mystery guy ordered, looking down at me.

"Let go of me," I spat at him, struggling to get out of his grip.

"Come on, grab a coffee with me. I find you intriguing," he said, tightening his grip on me.

"Let go of me!" I cried out, trying to get out of his grip. There was no one on the streets, so no one could hear me or help me.

"Come on babe, I know you want me," he said, moving closer to me. He leaned down and I turned my head away from him, not letting him get any closer. Please tell me this isn't happening.

"Get of off me, you sick freak!" I cried out, and tried to push him away. He pushed me back further until we were right back against a cement wall. I closed my eyes in sheer fear.

"Show me a good time," he whispered in my ear, running his fingers down my side.

Before I had a chance to fight back, he was pulled off of me. I opened my eyes in shock, to see him laying on the ground - blood pouring from his nose and James standing above him.

"Whoa! Whats wrong with you? I was just having some fun with my lady friend here," the guy said from the ground, holding his nose.

James looked down at him, fists clenched. In his eyes, I could see anger. And lots of it.

"You stay the hell away from her!" James threatened through clenched teeth. He kicked the guy in the ribs before grabbing my hand and pulling me through the streets. We ran for ages, before we stopped in a small park.

He stood in front of me, out of breath - just as I was.

I looked up at him, and could no longer see that hateful anger in his eyes, but it was still written on his face. I sighed in relief and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. I have never been so grateful to see him in my life.

"You have no idea how happy I am that you showed up!" I said into his neck, squishing him in a hug.

"I'll always protect you," he promised before hesitantly wrapping his arms around me and joining me in the embrace.

And suddenly here I was, in the middle of a park, hugging the guy I swore I hated. Something in me changed that day. I have no idea what it was, and if its for better or for worse.

But the feeling inside me told me it's for the better. And I was enjoying every second of this moment.