Unusual - #23

Jordell

"Are you alright?" She blinked twice before turning to face me with a smile. "Yeah I'm fine, just tired" I could tell she was lying. Something was bothering her and I didn't know what it was. "Let me clean up these plates" She stood up taking my plate and hers, heading to the kitchen whilst I followed behind to help. Putting the cutlery into the sink she turned the tap on as I watched her- so beautiful. "SHIT!" Looking at her hands I saw blood begin to drip. "Here let me" I held her arm under the tap "No it's fine I can do it" She shrugged me off and I watched her confused. "You need to apply pressure, Lisa here" Grabbing her hand again she pushed me off "I said I can do it!" I stepped back in shock and threw my hands up. "Fine" Watching her clean up I wondered what was going on in her head. "He called me today" My brow rose. "Who did?" I felt myself get angry slowly. Stupid jealousy! "Dave" Hm, Dave? Her ex?! "What did he want?" I crossed my arms and she sighed analyzing my body language before speaking. "He's sick." She finished cleaning up her wound and switched off the taps. "So?" Was all I managed to say. "So? Jordell-" She began to trail on.. "He's not part of your life anymore remember." I cut her off and she sighed deeply before facing me. "He has HIV, he's really sick. Doctors say he's getting worse" She turned back to face the sink and started moving dishes around. "Does that mean.." I asked hoping he hadn't given her anything. "No. He didn't have it when me and him were together; I checked myself after he left anyway." Sighing a sigh of relief I walked towards her and hugged her. "He wants me to go help him" I stepped back from the hug slightly and she turned to face me leaning against the sink. "Help him?" I asked hoping she wasn't implying what I thought she was implying. "He asked me to go stay with him a while." She admitted. "Do you want to go?" I asked her and she shrugged. "He's alone and getting worse, he needs someone" She explained and we pulled away from the hug. "So that someone is you?" My brow rose and she shrugged again. "What about work? You can't just leave it"
"I can say its a family emergency or something. The school year is basically almost over, I'm sure they'll understand" I knew she had already made up her mind but I still pressed on. "What if they don't? So you'd just leave work like that, risking your career?!" She folded her arms and I could tell she regretted bringing this topic up to begin with. "I'm already risking my career with you remember?!" It fell quiet and she looked away, she knew that was a low blow! "Do what you have to do" I left the kitchen and grabbed my phone in the living room before leaving her house and getting into my car..

Lisa

I don't even know why I was discussing it with Jordell, it had nothing to do with him! No matter what Dave done to me, he doesn't deserve to be alone in what may be his last few months or even weeks. If one of his exes were ill I'm sure he would have done the same thing. I headed to my room and took my phone from the charger. I did go too far with the last thing I said - I mean, it was also my fault that I'm risking my career having this.. lust for him. I messaged him an apology and got nothing back in response, no shock there. It was a silly thing to argue about and for a moment I questioned whether getting involved with someone way younger than me was a smart thing to do.

-

"Lisa" My eyes watered as I walked closer to him. I don't know if it was because of the state he was in or the fact that I hadn't seen him in months! "Oh Dave" I sniffed before grabbing his hand in mine; he felt cold.. weak. "I didn't think you'd come" He broke out a small smile and I smiled back. "Of course I'd come" I sat beside him as he adjusted himself comfortably. "It took me a while to pluck up the courage to come and see you" He slid his palm from my hand and looked away shamefully. "I know we didn't end on good terms but you don't deserve to be alone at a time like this" He remained silent and I sat back on my chair. "What happened to Kym?" My tone was bitter and filled with disgust. Just the thought of them together made me sick; I have nothing against homosexuals but the fact that Dave cheated on me with a man.. that hurt. "He's.... gone" I huffed feeling frustrated. "So he just left you like this? He's the one that gave it to you the fool" "Lisa calm down, he's out of my life now. I don't want to discuss him" I nodded and he turned his head to face me properly. "You look..different. New man in your life?" I blushed slightly then remembered the argument with Jordell. "No. Just taking care of myself is all" Lies. "You should get yourself out there Lisa, you deserve to be happy!" Shaking my head and laughing I thought about my 'relationship' with Jordell. Dysfunctional crap. "Let's not talk about me" With that he dropped the topic and we discussed our families and work..well..my work.

Samantha

I hovered over the number contemplating on whether I should call it. What would I say when she picked up? Who was she anyway? The thought of Jordell with someone else got me mad. Yes I'm jealous but so what? I love him and can't stand to see or know he's with someone else. I had to find out who the person was without Jordell catching onto me. F*ck it! I put my number on private and decided to dial the number. It rung and rung but no answer. I tried about two more times yet there was no answer. I sighed in frustration, I wanted to know NOW!! Just then my phone buzzed in my hand and I saw Jordell's name flash on the screen. I grinned instantly before picking up. "Hey" Sh*t that sounded corny. "You good?" Mm his voice is so deep and sexy. "Yeah how are you?" Sexy thang. "I'm good, listen we've got our business exam tomorrow at three want to come mine and study? All nighter?" "Okay sure" You ain't gotta tell me twice! "What time should I come?" Don't sound eager Samantha! "Now if you want I'm not doing anything" "Alright I'll be there soon" "Kool" He hung up and I laid back on my bed happy. A whole night with Jordell? This shall be fun.

-

"Hi" I smiled up at him as he let me in. He looked mad for some reason, complete contrast to his tone on the phone earlier. "You okay?" I asked placing my umbrella next to the door. He nodded and walked through to the living room with me behind him. "I thought I'd set us up in the dining area, more space and whatnot" Damnit I wanted for us to be in his bedroom.. "Yeah sure thats fine" Lies. I set up our books notes etc on the table whilst he got us something to drink. "I'm not looking forward to this exam at all" I spoke hopping he'd stop being so glum and answer back. "Why?" "I hate business. Don't know why I picked it, it's hard" I scratched my head from the thought of sitting that exam tomorrow and knowing nothing! "You'll be fine, that's why we're doing this all nighter." He handed me my glass of juice and I thanked him before sipping some. "Where do you want to start?" I questioned watching him sit opposite me. He looked soo good! "Don't mind, we have all night to cover everything" Before I could respond a loud vibrating sound was heard. He dipped into his tracksuit pocket and pulled out his phone. His face scowled before pressing a button making the phone stop. "Lets get started" I said playing with random pieces of paper. I can tell that this night wasn't going to be as fun as I thought it would be.

-

We were taking a break from all the studying and Jordell was in the toilet. I decided to try the number again. She better pick up! It rang about six times and I got frustrated. Just before I gave up she picked up. "Hello" Her voice was soft and quiet. "Is this Lisa?" I questioned bitterly. "Yes this is she, who's speaking?" My jaw clenched and I hung up the phone. I didn't know what to say or ask; I can't just question her about Jordell. I decided to call back another time.. after I gathered a plan on finding out who she was.

Jordell

I was still pissed with Lisa. I don't see why she feels the need to go and stay with her ex after everything he done to her. It may seem selfish of me but at the end of the day I believe that the past is the past for a reason. Her going back is unnecessary and will cause problems.. which has already happened for us. My phone buzzed again and I retrieved it from my pocket before turning it off. "Aren't you going to get that?" Sam asked watching me. She looked nice today. "No, it's not important" She smiled warmly at me and I picked up my pen writing down some more notes. I decided to invite her around to study, and as a way for me to get my mind of Lisa and our disagreement. I don't want to talk to her right now I know we'll just argue more. I'll call her in a few days or so, for now I just wanted to get through my exams stress free.