Unusual - Five !

Five!

Useless son of a..

Carol:"someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" she said walking in and interrupting my thoughts.

Me:"I'm pissed off"

Carol:"Dave?" I nodded and slumped down on the seat.

Me:"he hasn't called me in two days and he's rejecting all my calls"

Carol:"maybe he's busy. He is on a business trip afterall"

Me:"yes but, he'd usually text me or something. He never ignores me like this" she sat on a chair beside me.

Carol:"I'm sure he has a good reason"

Me:"ohh he better do" I said in frustration. She giggled lightly and the bell rang.

Carol:" I'll meet you in the staff room after, don't worry about it" I nodded and she said her goodbyes before leaving the room just as my form walked in. I took the register quickly and dismissed them all leaving just Jordell as he was in my English class. He got up and put out the books while I sat there with my head in my hands. I was having a weird feeling Dave was cheating on me and I just needed to think. A call or even a text would be nice.

Jordell:"are you ok?" I looked up and saw Jordell standing there watching me.

Me:"I'm fine" I put my head back down into my hands and sighed.

Jordell:"well you don't look it"

Me:"I'm fine Jordell" I said sternly.

Jordell:"okay, you don't need to be rude" he kissed his teeth then sat in his seat.

Me:"sorry I'm just....stressed" he raised his brow and I rubbed my temples.

Jordell:"and you say I'm rude"

Me:"well you are being now. I apologised. End of." He scoffed and laughed lightly. "What's funny?" Just then the door opened and the students came walking in. I looked back at him and he winked and licked his lips. I stared at him confused by his actions before getting up and teaching my lesson. Whatever he meant, I did not need to know about it this moment in time, I had enough on my plate. By the end of the lesson, I dismissed them all and sat in my seat wondering. Wondering what's going with Dave. I pulled out my phone and got to his name on my contact list.

Me:"this is the last time I'm calling you Dave, you better pick up" I said to myself. I pressed the green button and on the third ring he picked up.

Dave:"baby"

Me:"baby? Dave I've been trying to call you for days"

Dave:"I know and I'm sorry, work is hectic at the moment I-"

Me:"that doesn't mean u should busy my calls, I've been worried sick"

Dave:"Lisa, just listen for a moment I-"

Me:"no! So you ignore me for how long? Then you just want me to 'listen'?"

Dave:"LISA!"

Me:"WHAT?"

Dave:"I lost my job" I held the phone to my ear as the silence grew upon us.

Me:"w-what do you mean you lost your job?" He paused and sighed before answering..

Dave:"they've been laying people off for months, I thought they would keep me but, I had a meeting yesterday and they laid me off aswell, I'm jobless now" he sighed in frustration and I could sense his sadness. Here was me having a go at him for not calling me when his career was laying on the life line.