Chapter Twelve/ A Promise Not To Be Broken/

I hope you enjoy this! It isn't much but i'm going to try and i mean TRY and upload by wednesday of next week. There's a lot more homework now :// Anywho! Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxx

_______________________

© All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

Chapter Twelve: A Promise Not To Be Broken.

I ran up to the door, shoulder first in attempt to break it down but slid down to the floor unsuccessful. Not stopping to take another breath, I tried again to ram the door down, again unsuccessful. Anyone would have given up by now but not me. I had to get out of here and stop my father. The thought of that sword and Alexander made my heart race and the tears flow even harder. I couldn’t stop, I just couldn’t. I owed Alexander and I won’t let him down. I got up and ran at the door again, over and over till my sleeve was torn and blood was flowing fast from a graze. The prickly feeling of pain travelled up and down my arms as if someone was stabbing me with needles.

The door should have broken open by now, I should have been able to break it down. As far as I was concerned, father hadn’t locked it when he went out. I inspected the door and saw thin, dark grey line over the door. Had father bolted the door? I rubbed my stinging shoulder and stretched my arms and sighed. I needed to hurry.

Concentrating as much energy as I could, I summoned fire to try and melt the bars away. After the metal blazed red and the scorching heat it gave off subsided, I saw that nothing had visibly changed. He must have done this on purpose, he must have muttered a spell as I began to weep on the floor when he left. An unbreakable prison.

All I could think about was that right now, my father could be driving that sword in Alexander’s chest or various other place that hurt a lot and would make him die slowly. I should have seen it before, I should have seen how unstable my father was and done something. I passed it off as loneliness and depression in the past when it was more than that. Losing mother not only ripped his heart out but also ripped apart his mind.

His plan made much more sense now. He was going to have me marry him then on the wedding night, before I was going to give myself over to Alexander, I was to slice him with a dagger so deeply the room would have splatters of blood on the wall. I was to watch him writhe in agony and listen to his pleads for mercy. Father told me it would be sweet music to my ears but when he told me I was horrified. You just do not do that to a person. Only a sick mind could find that amusing…his. Father told me he was working on his worst potion yet. It would take three days to brew and was to be in time for my wedding; before it was re-scheduled. He was going to get me to slather the mixture on his wounds and it would be like chilly powder but burn him a hundred times worse. I remember when he sat me to tell me of this plan and how I was on the brink of tears. He told me to be more mature so I had to listen to what he wanted me to do next. He wanted me to make a demon using some of his old facilities and watch it torture him further; prodding, poking and ripping more of Alexander’s’ skins. Then I would leave then and set the room ablaze on a slow, roaring fire, ending his misery slowly and painfully.

Thinking over the plan made me just kick and scream on the floor. To think I let him convince me that Alexander deserved this fate! What if I had done the plan? Without knowing what a sad soul he held. I wanted to kill him, I wanted him to die painfully at one time but I do not anymore. At anyone’s hands. He needs his burdens lifted, not his ghost.

In another attempt to escape, I pulled as much energy I could from everything far and near. It was extremely exhausting work. I used people and animals nearby energy so they probably needed to rest a bit. I could see the power surging in my hands and saw balls of purple fire curl up in my palms. I threw them at the door, causing a thunder like crack to shake the room.