/Chapter Two/ A Feast To Remember/

^^I always have to give a shout out to my favourite authors on here so this goes to you lonewolf :) Your book 'Unshed Blood' BLEW me away! Literally! For anyone reading this, I highly recomend you read this book imediately!^^

I'll try my very best to upload this faster, I promise! Sorry for the really long wait!

I haven't looked over this yet so I'm really sorry it's a bit dodgy :S Hope you like it either way!

(C) All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

___________________________________________________

Chapter Two

I yawned loudly as I felt the heat of the sun on my face. I sat up against my headboard and looked around. Here I was in this horribly painted red room for higher class people and in a massive bed I could fit myself and all my friends at home in.

Kicking off the covers I headed towards the wardrobe and tried to decide what pretty dress to wear. There were so many colours to choose from, I couldn’t pick. I had narrowed it down to an elegant blue one and a red one. The blue dress seemed more calm and occasional. I was dreading the feast and there wasn’t a way to get out of it.

I took off my white nightgown and let it drop to the floor, leaving me in my underwear. At that exact moment Alexander barged in, dressed formally. My face went red at the sight of him. “Are you ready for the feast? I’m starving so-dear god, I am terribly sorry,” he clamped a hand over his eyes and turned away quickly.

“I-it’s quite alright my lord.” I stuttered. Did he not have the manners to knock?! What on earth was I marrying into!? I grabbed the dress and quickly slid into it. “You may turn my lord, I am decent.”

Alexander turned slowly towards me. His stance was tensed and awkward, his face was also red with embarrassment. “I am so sorry, I’m ashamed of myself,”

“It’s quite alright my lord,” I repeated, putting on the best smile I could manage.

He smiled back at me. “You look beautiful,” he said.

I pretended to giggle and curtsied. “Thank you my lord. May I have a few moments alone for my hair and face? I’d like to make a good impression on your family.” Alexander grinned at me and swiftly left the room.

The second he was out of sight I doubled over in disgust. I can’t believe I had acted in such a flirtatious manner, I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

‘You did very well Mercy, I am so proud’ I heard the familiar voice of my mother. There was a cold, chilling presence suddenly beside me and I knew that she was beside me. I walked to my mirror and saw my mother was in fact at my side.

‘Thank you mother,’ I replied. She smiled at me lovingly and raised her ghostly translucent hand to my head and brushed my hair with her hand.

‘You always had such gorgeous hair Mercy,’

“I inherited it from you mother,”

She chuckled, ‘yes you did. Do you remember exactly what you have to do today?’

“Of course, I will not fail. Will you be there to watch the whole event” I asked.

I wouldn’t miss it for the world,’ mother told me. She picked up a brush from a mahogany dressing table and properly brushed my hair. It felt soothing and nice to have my mother tend to me like this; it made me feel like a little girl again. Up until I was seven she would wake me up early and spend a long time just brushing my hair and talking to me.  I applaud her for doing so, who knows what crazy things used to come out of my mouth as a child?