/Chapter One/ Talking To The Moon/

^^^Thank you for the amazing book cover :D^^^

 Hope you like this <3

The picture is Alexander :)

(C) All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

_____________________________________

  Chapter One: Talking To The Moon.

  I stared at myself in the full length mirror of my new room and sighed. My dress was tight against my figure and my chest felt almost bare; the neck line was far too low for my likings. The dress itself was beautiful; a pale green with light riffles around the skirt of it, though it did not feel right on me. Agatha, a maid in the Duke’s house, walked into my room and began to brush my long blond hair. I watched in the mirror as she did so feeling a bit sick at the sight of the fat under her arms jiggle uncontrollably; I didn’t mean to sound rude but it wasn’t very pleasant. One she had finished brushing, she started to braid my hair. “Your dress is rather tight and revealing my lady, are you sure you would not like to wear one of the dresses Sir Alexander ordered to be bought for you?”

   “No thank you Agatha, this dress is very important to me. I will wear it today when I meet my fiancé.” I had to stifle a violent shudder. Sir Alexander was my fiancé; the thought of it was horrible and saying it out loud was even worse.

  “As you with my lady.” She finished the last braid and stood back to see her finished product. She beamed. “You are very beautiful my lady,”

  I smiled, “Thank you Agatha. ‘My lady’ is far too formal, you may call me Mercy if you like.”

  “Thank you Mercy,” she nodded.

  We stood there looking in the mirror for a short while and my thoughts soon fell upon Sir Alexander. I felt a fluttering in the pit of m stomach thinking of meeting him. Would he be nice? Would he be arrogant? I’d never seen him before; I’d seen portraits of him but the artists tended to make you look better than you do. A bigger question entered my mind and I found myself rushing my speech to Agatha.

  “Do you think Sir Alexander will be attracted to me?” If he did, then I’d have to carry out the plot my father made with guilt on my shoulders.

  Agatha simply shook her head, placed a hand on my back and turned me to face away from the mirror. “He would be a fool not to fall in love as his eyes lay upon you. He will be impressed and happy to be marrying the prettiest maiden of your village and most likely others.” I grinned.

  “Thank you, I very much appreciate your kind words.”

  I stepped out of my room and began to walk down the halls to the garden. On the walls were framed paintings of men with labels of their names; it was the Dukes’ family. At the very end was Sir Alexander. He had long black hair brushed back and piercing blue eyes. His face was well defined, as if it had been chiselled from the palest white stone. The artist must have been a genius.

  I entered the gardens and inhaled the sweet fresh air deeply; it was a beautiful spring day. The garden was just as would have been expected; neat equal sections of both grass and colourful flowers positioned so that it made a path. At the very end of there was a rose covered frame with a wooden bench under. It was lit by large candles as it was growing dark outside. Occupying that bench was a male and a female. The male was lean and the wind made his hair blow in his face. When he swept it back his dazzling blue eyes stand out against his pale face. Beside him was a pretty blond woman. Hesitantly, I walked towards them.

  Alexander gave the pretty woman a kiss on the cheek and she walked away. As she passed me her big brown eyes stared at me and she snarled at me. I was completely and utterly shocked at her rudeness. The lady did not look like I high status woman; her cloths weren’t exquisite enough. Why would Alexander want to speak with her? I didn’t want to ponder on the woman for long, I had bigger things to think about.