Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter Thirty-Seven (D'Nath)

The air was cold.

I hated it. I hated the cold. Having spent more than half of my life locked in a cabin in the middle of year round snow storms, it was only logical. I hated having to wrap myself in thick padded jackets and clothing with no holes, no tears. I hated wearing clothes in general, but to avoid getting scolded by Jericho again, I'd comply with the request.

I drove down the road, reaching up to adjust the mailer's hat on my head. I turned around the corner and pulled out onto the road that went by the mini-mall. A crowded place that reeked heavily of humans. And vampires, a demon, a dragon, a fae, and a merman. The stench was powerful and stung my nostrils, even from half a mile away. I picked up the scent automatically and drove down the street.

I had received the information we were waiting for and my job here was finished, until Jericho called me out into the field again. I hoped he didn't.

My body still felt hot and sensitive from having touched the fae's palm. I could still feel how soft, how small it felt in my hand. I could smell his blood the moment I pulled up in front of the house, without even having to get out of the truck. The scent of it infiltrated my senses and made my body harden.

And the sight of it on his pale skin. Such a vibrant shade of red as it slid from the cut in his palm, falling to the grass below. My fangs elongated, throbbing in my gums at the thought. I took a deep breath to calm myself as I turned another corner and approached an expensive hotel down the street. I pulled up in back and parked in the parking lot. I climbed into the back of the trunk, tossing off the mailer's clothing and changing into a pair of black leather pants, a matching skintight turtleneck, and a pair of knee-high buckled boots. I climbed out the back, snatching my bag out from the back before I approached the hotel through the back. I easily made my way inside without being stopped by the humans. They were far too busy rushing around to care and with my absolute silence, it was almost as if I were invisible, something I took great comfort in.

 I took the elevator to the sixth floor and walked four doors down before taking out a keycard and sliding it through the contraption on the door. I walked inside and was instantly struck by the scent of perfume and smoke. A frown worked itself onto my face as I shut the door behind me.

We'd purchased their largest suite that included a living room and two bedrooms that we very rarely used to sleep in and had most of our equipment set up inside. Currently, Tempest was sitting at one of the living room loveseats, her long, muscular legs crossed out in front of her at the ankle on the glass coffee table. Her thick curly hair was tied back into a tight ponytail, exposing a widow's peak and big hazel eyes. She wore a tight black leather suit that hugged each lucious curve of her body. She was typing furiously on the computer when she noticed me for the first time.

"Yo, did you get what Jericho asked for?" She asked, cocking a brow as if to challenge me. I frowned and simply nodded to her. She seemed relieved at that.

"Good, then I won't have to hear Castiel bitch and moan." She said, making me cock my head at that. Picking up on the fact that someone said his name, Castiel emerged from one of the bedrooms, his long blood red hair loose over his shoulders and down his back, bangs swept across his face and over his black ringed emerald eyes. He wore a tight black v-neck and matching leather pants. He didn't look too pleased to see me.

"Did you get the information?" He demanded. I nodded. Castiel sighed, relieved, then gestured for me to follow him. I obeyed considering he was twice my size and could easily make me do whatever he wanted. We came into the bedroom where Svenival, Damian, and Jericho were waiting.