Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three (Newell)

Something big was coming.

Something bad. I could feel it weighing on my shoulders and making my stomach clench. It was the same bad sensationI received the time Vanessa Grey had been killed, the same feeling when Hunter called me in Kalamazoo, the same feeling I had as I was chained down in Vladimir's basement, hearing the heavy foot falls of danger approaching my doors.

Every nerve in my body tingled, every instinct roared for me to stay alert and attack anything that may pose even a modicum of a threat to us. While I wasn't hindered by my size anymore, I was facing an even more dangerous foe.

The Stratius.

The group that myself and the other Zephyra generals had gathered together, for the sole purpose of wiping us all out before committing suicide. All of this in order to protect Zephyra's secrets. It had been my idea, and I cursed myself for it. Everything I did always ended up coming back to bite me in the ass.

I had no doubt that the Stratius probably already knew where we were thanks to whoever their tagger was and while I wanted to find the tagger and destroy him before he could get back to the Stratius, I knew it wouldn't do any good. Stratius knew where we were and they were only gearing up to kill us.

I made mental notes on the members of this elite group of purebloods.

Castiel Eros. A tall, lean, but muscular man with pale skin and blood red dyed hair that he grew out to his lower back, usually tied back from his face. His eyes were a piercing shade of emerald green, like a cat's. He always wore skin tight clothing, because the guy was more paranoid about a zombie attack than anything else and insisted skin tight clothing would save his life. That and I think he used it as an excuse to show off a package that wasn't too impressive.

Tempest Wilde. One of the few women walking the planet that didn't give a care in the world on how much she weighed. While she wasn't thin, she wasn't fat either. Curvy and well shaped with warm sun-kissed skin, hazel eyes and dark curly hair. She was about as cocky as Castiel was, but she actually had a brain to go with it.

Svenival Gothica. With jetblack hair and forest green eyes, he was a typical biker man with prominent muscles, decked out in leather, and a rather modern street bike. He wasn't intimidated by anything, which is why I had chosen him in the first place. He relished at the feel of pain, a masochist to the extreme, with a blood thirst that could only be quenched by the hunt.

Damian Grey. Like many Greys, his hair was pale blonde and his eyes a sapphire blue, skin like porcelain. In all honesty, the only reason he'd been chosen was because at the time I had an eerie obsession with the Greys and I wasn't the only one. The other generals were also after Damian like a bunch of bitches in heat. Damian was incredibly beautiful. A male model through and through, but behind the scenes, Damian was thief and an assassin. His stealth was the stuff of legends. He could slit a throat faster than Freddy Krueger or Wolverine.

D'Nath Kilo. He was rather young to be involved, last I saw him, but he was a force to be reckoned with. He was a hybrid, an abomination to his clan. His mother had been a werewolf and his father a distant member of the Drakon Clan. He could shapeshift and he was immortal and powerful, but he needed more blood than the average vampire. He was a bit on the petite side and I remembered him being mistaken as a female more than half the time, but most people were shocked when D'Nath shapeshifted suddenly and fought harder than any werewolf out there.

Jericho Gothica. The final member of the Stratius and their leader. Jericho was extremely powerful and deadly. There were rumors that he could take down even the most powerful of creatures. He was a buff, tall man that I remembered appearing to be a skyscraper compared to me, although, that was probably different now. His hair had been an interesting shade of multiple colors, strands of red, brown, black, blonde, so on. His eyes were such a light shade of gray that they appeared white.