Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty (Daimonas)

I tried to keep track of Dominik during school, but it was so hard since he was constantly running around.

It was no wonder he was so thin. All he did was run for his life from here and there. He'd sometimes stop to say hi to me or ask for sure if it was okay that we hung out after school today. He was so worried he was being bothersome, but he wasn't. I liked hanging around Dominik, and now it was even more important that we were together beause if my vision came true, Dominik would be dead and the thought gripped my throat tight.

I swallowed hard, getting up from my desk as the bell toned. I quickly gathered my things and hurried out into the hallway, looking back and forth for Dominik, but there was no sign of his purple hair anywhere. I moved through the crowd of people, scanning heads and faces to find him.

I spotted Anna and Dalilah standing near one of the drinking fountains. Anna was chattering excitedly and Dalilah just stared at her with a bored stare before she seemed to catch sight of me coming near them, so she elbowed Anna, who abruptly stopped talking. She turned, looking excited for a second, before she saw me and her face fell into a frown, but I was used to it.

"What do you want?" Anna asked dryly. I frowned at her tone, but I didn't have time to argue with her.

"Have you seen Dominik?" I asked. Anna scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and folding her arms over her chest.

"I'm not the dog's owner. Maybe you should keep him on a leash." She smirked at that, like she was pleased with herself for being a jerk. I glared at her and took a step toward her, watching her stiffen and back up a step.

"My dad told me not to hit girls," I said, remembering what Newell had warned me about, but I was too angry to care, "But I'll make an acceptation for you if you don't tell me where he is." Anna's cheeks flushed angrily and she clenched her fists.

"You are so rude, you twat!"

"I don't even know what that means."

"And you're bloody stupid."

"And you're about to be plain bloody if you don't tell me where Dominik is." I threatened dangerously, feeling my fangs pulse in my mouth. I could feel the bloodlust pumping through my veins, urging me to just rip her head off and eat it, but to my surprise, Dalilah was the one who spoke, her voice nasally, but soft. She had a different accent from Anna's. It reminded me of the gym teacher's accent.

"I saw him running from the cafeteria earlier. You might be able to catch him if he's still around there." She told me. I nodded, brushing past them and making Anna fume at Dalilah, who just stared at her blankly. I went downstairs to the cafeteria, crossing the courtyard. I looked around there, but didn't see him, so I went into the cafeteria. I didn't see Dominik there either.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I went out the doors to the other wing, cursing the school for being so big. I rounded the corner and bumped right into Jason, who leapt away from me as if he had touched fire. He sneered at me.

"Watch where you're going, chav." He snapped and started to go past me, but I caught him by the tie, making him choke and gasp. I swung him around and slammed him into the wall, letting our bags fall to the floor. He squirmed, trying to shove me back, but I tightened my grip on his tie and he gagged.

"Where's Dominik, you pig?" I demanded. Jason choked a little, so I loosened the tie on his throat and he sucked in deep gulps of air, glaring at me.

"How dare you! I don't know where the mongrel is! You're his butt buddy--"

"Don't you dare talk to me like that," I seethed past clenched teeth, feeling my fangs elongate and making Jason go rigid, "You're so lucky that I was raised better than you, because I would have torn open your throat and bathed in your blood by now. You have no idea who you're talking to right now. If you want to live out the rest of your pathetic life, you'll tell me where Dominik is." Jason stuttered, his eyes wide and face pale. I could see my reflection in his eyes, seeing that my eyes had flickered to an eerie glowing gold color and my teeth were all sharpening again to their original form. I could even feel my spine twist in an attempt to release my tail, but I managed to rein in that much control, letting my eyes and teeth return to normal. Jason started to tear up.