Chapter 15

Whooo last story to be posted. I'm tired out. Jeesh.

Hope u guys like all of this!

________________________________________

Chapter 15

Jenna’s POV

I stepped up the stairs, taking two at a time. My heart beat went faster as I came closer to the top. I wasn’t even sure what I was going to do when I found him. I just knew that I had to.

I walked over to Kane’s bedroom, having a strong feeling that Daniel was here. Taking a deep breath, I pushed open the door to find him on his knees in front of the safe. When I shut the door behind me, his head whipped around to face me. I noticed he had the bottle in his hand and that it was nearly empty now.

“What’s the password?” He demanded.

“What?”

“For the safe. I know you know.” He snapped. “Don’t lie to me.”

“Daniel—“

He got to his feet angrily and crossed the room towards me. He grabbed my arm so hard that I knew I’ll have a bruise there for hours. “I need the money. Tell me.”

I looked into his blue eyes, for the first time, scared of him. I shook my head slowly. “I’m not going to tell you.”

He pulled me into him, glaring down at me. “And why not?”

“You’re drunk. You’re angry, I get it. I’m sorry I—“

He dropped my arm, causing me to suddenly stumble back. “Fuck you. You don’t know anything about me.” He growled and stomped out of the room.

I followed after him up until we got to the bottom of the staircase when Kane blocked my view from Daniel. He captured my lips with his own and for the first time in weeks, I didn’t respond to the kiss. All I could think about was Daniel and thought of kissing Kane just didn’t feel right anymore.

I started to push Kane away to go in search of Daniel, but someone beat me to it. It was Daniel. He threw a punch at Kane, knocking him to the ground. Everyone started to cheer at what was happening as they all moved out of the way to give them room.

Daniel climbed on top of Kane and started too punch him senseless.

I rushed to grab his arm and tried to pull him away before he killed him, but he barely moved. If he kept this up, he was probably going to kill him. And the reason he’s drunk is because of me. It’s all my fault.

My eyes caught Lei’s frightened ones. “Lei! Help me pull him off of him!”

My best friend rushed to Daniel opposite side and grabbed onto his other arm, completely immobilizing him. He struggled to get out of our grip. He managed to do just that and I thought he’d keep beating up Kane, but instead he stood up and pushed past the crowd and out of the house.

I stared at after him in shock.

“Kane?” Lei called out, patting his shoulder.

I turned back around to find Kane’s face all bloody and swollen. He was unconscious. At least I hope. I glanced up at the crowd staring down at Kane in silence. “Everyone out. Get out!” I shouted and everyone started to disperse.  The only person that stayed was Frank. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“I’m staying.” Frank told me. “He’s my best friend. I’m going to take care of him.”

“Fine.” I sighed. “Can you pick him up and put him in the couch then? I think we should start by cleaning up his face.”

“Ow.”

I put a Band-Aid on that cut as well. Kane winced a bit, but then relaxed. “You okay?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Never felt better.”

I pressed my lips together. “Stay still.” I dabbed the bottom of his lip and he snapped his eyes shut from the pain. I rubbed my thumb over his to comfort him. Realizing what I was doing, I pulled my thumb away and put a Band-Aid on it too. “All better.”

His eyes opened slowly. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” I smiled and stood up.

Frank appeared beside us and grinned at Kane. “You feeling better, man? You got a bad beating back there.”

Kane rolled his eyes. “I can’t really remember too much. But I’m sure Daniel and I just had an argument or something. We both were really drunk.”

Frank shrugged. “Maybe.”

“I’m leaving, guys. Good night.” I turned away from them as they continued to talk and walked outside to where Lei was waiting in the car. I really didn’t want to think about what happened too much. Daniel was drunk because of me. And Kane could’ve died because of me. I—

I stopped walking when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I furrowed my brows and pulled it out. It was Uncle Leo. I put it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Jen, something happened.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, suddenly scared.

“Your mom is in the hospital.”

“What? Why?” I could feel myself shaking all over now.

“The machine started to make this noise in her room and when I went to check her pulse…Just come to the hospital. I’m already here.”

“Okay, I’m coming.” I told him and hung up. I ran towards Lei’s car, jumping in.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, looking at me. “You’re crying.”

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. “It’s my mom.”