Chapter: 9

Chapter 9

He looked at me shocked and surprised. I went closer to the bars where he was sitting.

"Your eyes" I said.

"What about them?" he asked.

"Haven't you learned the code for ice witches?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything so I spoke.

"One of your eyes are green and the other is blue with a line across, its an easy way of knowing if your an ice witch" I told him.

He still didn't say anything.

"Does your father know?" I asked already knowing the answer.

He looked at me, "no! and he's not finding out anytime soon"

"Then you have to help me, he's going to use me and kill all creatures!" I told him.

He got up and turned around heading for the door.

"No wait! You have to help me!" I shouted.

He went to the door and opened a small cupboard he grabbed something then started heading back over to me.

"I'm only doing this because you know my secret, and your sorta cute" he said then let me out.

He stood in silence for a while then he looked down into my eyes and stared for a long time. His eyes were so beautiful, shimmering from the reflection of the light beaming down.

"Your father is after my boy friend you have to help me!" I told him. He stopped staring at me then looked down and sighed.

"Boyfriend.."

"Yes. He's a witch like you! You father is going to kill him and my best friend"

"You have a witchy friend too?" He asked.

"No. Well she's a vampire but I turned her by accident" I told him.

He looked sad. I could tell he was hurt that I had a boyfriend. He grabbed my hand and led me out the door.

"Well if we wanna save him we better do it fast. We can get there in my car" he said.

Wow. How old is he? I wondered.

"You can drive?" I asked.

"Yea. Can't you?"

"Um no. I'm only 16" I told him.

"Oh well I got my licences early, I have a late birthday. I'm 17 soon to be 18" he told me.

We went up the narrow staircase and he led me into the garage, still holding my hand. We went through a few hallways then found ourselves in a big empty room with a car in it. The car looked old, it was a rusty green colour with scratch marks on it.

"I know it's not much. It's a used car, and I'm planning to fix it up" he said.

He walked up to the car and unlocked it, he opened the door to the front passenger seat. I looked at him and smiled as I sat down in the vehicle.

"Where to?" He asked.

"This abandoned apartment, on Quarrel Street" I said to him.

He started driving, then looked at me a couple of times then froze and looked away. I turned towards him and stared at him, I could tell he knew I was because he smiled.

"So how long have you known this Matt guy?" He asked.

"Not very long"

"Oh"