Chapter: 6

Chapter 6

"I'm a White Witch"

"No your not, they're extinct!" Matt said.

"Well somehow they're not, that's why the council always wants to speak with me" I told him.

"No, that's impossible the last White Witches died in a vampire attack" he said.

"Amy found me, but my sister didn't survive" I said. He looked as if he was still processing all of this.

"If you really are a White Witch, then what's going to happen to Melody?" He asked.

"I don't know! I'm the one that turned her, I'm stupid just like you said!"I told him.

He didn't respond. Then he looked back at me with his black eyes. "Does Melody know your a witch?" He asked me.

"No, but she knows she's a vampire. Should we go and tell the council?" I asked.

"No! Don't tell the council anything. We'll have to bring Melody to my trainer" he said.

"Why are you so against the council? They want to help me, so I'm pretty sure they would help us out" I said.

He looked down at his white running shoes. "They killed my brother" he said quietly as if they could hear him if he spoke loudly enough.

"I'm so sorry. But why would they do that?" I asked Matt.

"He was 6 years older than I was, therefore he was more powerful than me. We came from a very strong blood line of powerful witches. He was really powerful for a 21 year old witch. One day the council left him a note saying to meet at the institute, he went and they wanted him to join them, and help them complete something. He new the council was trouble so he declined the offer. I got to spend 3 days with him after the meeting, I came home on a Monday night and he was dead cold on the floor" he said.

"I'm so sorry about your brother, but how do you know the council did it?" I asked.

"He didn't just die, someone casted a spell on him to cause his heart to stop beating. Plus we didn't know any other witches other than our trainer and the council" he said.

I could tell he was really upset about his brother but his brother is gone now, and who knows how long Melody has. He was leaning against his locker, I walked forward to him and gave him a hug and whispered "I'm sorry" in his ear.

The bell rang and I went to find my class.

Today was the last day of school for me at Birch Wood secondary school, so I didn't really pay attention in any of my classes. I got called on and yelled at a couple of times but I didn't really give a ying yang. The school day finally ended and I waited for Melody at her locker.

"Hey Melody! I'm glad your back and feeling better" I said.

"Good your here, do you have any blood? I'm starving I almost took a bite out of Clarissa!" She said half laughing.

"Oh sorry no. But I need to talk to you about something, when you turned you needed human blood" I started to say.

"Yea so?" She said.

"I'm not a human" I told her.

"Your a vampire like me!" She shouted.

"Shhhhhh. Keep it down, and no I'm not a vampire" I said.

"So what are you a werewolf?" She said sarcastically.

"No, they've been extinct for over a million years. I'm a witch" I said.