Chapter 17

I just wanted to hide, from the world, from everything. I sit behind the short brick wall as grass surrounds it, I didn't want anyone to see me crying.

Unfortunately, I hear Michael's voice outside, then it starts to snow. Even greater. "Daniella?" He says out of breath then runs up to me as I sit still wrapping my arms to my knees.

"Are you okay?" He tries to wipe my tears but I move my head making him touch the wall.

"Hmm, what do you think?"

"Alright, I know it's my fault but I told you, I'm a fucked up person and sorry isn't going to help what I've done." He sits beside me and I feel the snow start to hit my head.

"I just can't get over you.. no matter how hard I try I just can't."

I look at his face clearly, for the first time I see the damage from the past few days.

"I.. I love you. And I'm so damn sorry I dragged you into that mess, and mess I mean me. You know you deserve better than me so why are you still here?"

I'm shocked, he loves me? "Wait Michael... you love me?"

"Of course, I'm so lucky to even say that I do." He mumbles but I hear him clearly.

Nobody has ever told me they loved me, not my mom, not my dad. All I've ever wanted was to hear somebody tell me that they loved me, and hearing it from Michael means more to me than ever. Because I love him too.

"I.. I love you too..." I say quietly, he takes his hand and interlocks it with mine, it'll be hard to forgive him for what he'a done, but maybe it'll be worth it in the end.

After we walked back to class we told nobody what happened. No one needed to know I forgave my boyfriend for nearly kidnapping me and that we love each other.

- (three months later)

"Finally the last week of school." Michael says as we pull out of the car, the summer breeze his my face as he slides his hand into mine. "Luckily, we graduate today so I can get an apartment." I say as we walk into the building, for the last time.

"Are you sure you want me to live with you, I mean I know we've been together for awhile, but if you're not comfortable with it, I can stay at my house..?" I know he was nervous, so was I. 

I shake my head and smile. "No, I want you to live with me." He smiles then walks towards the locker room. "I bet you're gonna look so damn hot even with that gown." I laugh then walk away, it felt weird honestly, thinking this would've been the last time I'd see him again. 

I stand next to him as the principle calls our names, one by one. "Amanda Bonelle." Amanda looks at me and smiles as she walks to get her certificate. "Michael Clifford." He says almost in shock, Michael rolls his eyes with a smile then walks up to the man to pat his back. 

I almost feel sorry for him, knowing his parents aren't in the crowd clapping with the others. "Daniella Von." I smile and walk down, 'This is it.' I think to myself.

We stand side by side as we throw our hats into the air. Luckily, I caught mine as Michael watched his fall on the ground. 

"Finally we're done with that hell of a school." He shouts as we blast music and sing along. "Then 4 more months and we're off to college." I say as I watch him roll his eyes. 

I wasn't quite sure how I got to fall inlove with him, with those green eyes, the white hair that was fading, the rude perverted comments, how? 

We pull up into an apartment lobby, it was a bit fancy, but not too much. "I.. I love this place!" I nearly scream as I walk into one of the dorms. "It's all yours." Michael says as he jingles the keys with his fingers. 

We spend the next three hours unpacking and moving things in our new home. "So this is our house?" I say as we lay on the mattress on the floor. "Yep, ours."