Chapter 9

If you're reading this, it probably isn't private. I've been having some trouble with this chapter, but it should be fixed soon. So yeah, vote/comment/share.x 

Finally it was a Friday, I planned on skipping school with Michael and going to the stream. The whole week Austin wasn't at school so Michael was waiting just to see him and pound his face. I don't do anything to my hair because it was probably raining. Or you just like it because Michael likes it. True. I knew it was too cold to swim so I don't pack anything special. I watch downstairs and theres something unusual. My mothers laying on the couch, slumped. I walk past her and walk outside. I had no choice but to take my car because I didn't want to look suspicious. When I drive I stop by Michaels and he walks outside with his hair sticking up. He had on a Nirvana hoodie with black vans, and of course black ripped skinny jeans. I didn't realize we were wearing the same thing until he said something.

"Nice outfit, really suits you." He smirks and I laughed. He let me park my car in his garage and then we headed out to "school" He drove to the woods and parked near the shed. We got out of the car and I remember when I scraped my leg and he carried me... 

"So what do you wanna do first?" He said and I snapped back to reality. He had a blunt in his hand and clearly was ready to light it. "Uh... whatever you want to do.." I sat on the couch beside him and he light the blunt up, inhaling deeply. He coughed and handed it to me, I did the same and we continued to take turns until there wasn't anything left. We managed to both lay on the couch, on opposite sides.

"Why don't you live with your dad? Michaels always curious when we're high. I sit up and wrap my arms on my knees. "Well my parents got divorced because my dad wasn't making money, and my mom only wanted him for the money so she left him, we were broke for awhile so she sent me to live with my dad so she can take care of Andrew, my brother for awhile. My dad was doing good, living in a nice house and stuff but the school pressure was the main problem. I don't want to get into detail with it but it was just so bad he sent me to my moms and here I am.." He looks me in his red eyes then I fall back to the couch. We stay in silence then he comes to my side and wraps his arm around me. I was comfortable with him now, even though theres still so much to tell him and to figure out. Moments later after cuddling I get up to look for food. "It's in that bag right there." He points to a beige bag with lots of junk food. I open the bag and find brownies, sodas, cookies, smores, candy, chocolates. I bring the bag to the couch and throw a box at him, he laughs and opens the boxes. We sit on the couch laughing and making fun of teachers at school while eating. After half of the boxes are empty we go outside and the high starts to wear off. We lay on the grass next to the stream and see the sun peaking out from the trees. My mind starts to drift off, it goes to a world where I am here, but alone. The trees would be breezy from the wind, the sun would always be out, the stream would be clear and blue. It would be home. I doze back into the real world and see Michael picking at the grass.

"Hey you have extra clothes right?" He says and I did, I wasn't sure right but I always wanted to come prepared. "Yeah..why?" I sit up and pick at the flowers. "Just incase we come back here.." I nod and he pulls me closer to his chest. This was the Michael that I enjoyed being with, not the one who fights everyone and is an asshole. Soon it was time for school to be over so we had to go to make it look like we went to school. The car ride was silent, and awkward considering the fact we cuddled. I didn't really care. He drove to his house and I got my car from the garage and I drove home. I decided to go to the mall by myself just to get away from people.

As I walk in the mall my phone continues to buzz with Austins number on it. I ignore it until he calls the 30th time, "What?" I say, I really don't want to deal with this right now. "Can't we just talk? Is Michael with you?" I sigh, I look around the mall and wish I could just lie. "No." I say, he takes a breath and starts to talk "Well did you tell me no yesterday because Michael was with you?" I stop at a nice store and just hang up. I turn off my phone and spend time by myself. I needed it anyways. After a hour, I leave the mall with two shopping bags and a new phone case. I was proud of myself for remembering Amandas great taste in clothes, I really went over girly. I turn on my phone with 2 calls from Michael, 4 from Austin and a text from Amanda. I call Michael and he answers with heavy breathing. "Michael? Are you okay?" I hear something break and I start driving to his house. He hangs up eventually but I already pulled to his driveway. I leave my stuff in the car and knock on his door. He doesn't answer but I wobble the door knob and it was already open.

"Michael?" I hear his scream from his room and I run up to it. His room looked so messy and there was a fresh hole in the wall. He throws a lamp and it nearly hit me. "Michael calm down!" I scream and his eyes are puffy, and red. His hands run through his sweaty hair and he takes off his shirt. I sit him down on the bed and grab his face gently to look into mine. "What happened?" I say and he breaks down, just like that. I've never seen anyone break down before, I didn't know what to do so I lay him down and his head goes to my stomach, his tears go through my shirt and on my skin. "He fucking died.. he fucking died." His voice was hoarse and tone was completely flat. I didn't know if I should ask who but I do. "Who Michael?" I say and his arm goes on my waist, squeezing it. "My fucking brother, Luke, he..he got high as shit with his friend Calum and Luke drove home then got into a fucking accident." He cries even harder and I take my thumb to wipe his cold tears.

I couldn't say anything because I wasn't good with coping, so I just laid with him and let him sob."Please stay here with me just for one night Daniella." He broke the silence and his voice cracked. "Alright.." I say and text my mom I'm at Amandas new house, then I text Amanda telling her if my mother asked I was at her house. While Michael was asleep I parked my car in his garage so no one could see. I went back inside and found soup to cook. I woke up Michael and his cheeks were flushed. I guided him down the stairs and took him to the kitchen. He slowly ate the soup and I watched him, his green eyes were filled with sadness. Never have I seen someone so upset in my life.

"Luke was a good man, he had great taste in music too.." Michael says and his chuckle turns into tears. He takes the emtpy bowl and throws it at the wall. I jump and look at him. "Michael throwing things isn't going to help you, go upstairs so I can clean this." I faintly yell and he goes to his backyard. I know I shouldn't yell at him during this time but throwing stuff won't help with his brothers death. I clean up the glass and walk in the backyard. I see a light in the shed and decided to leave him alone in there, just to be by himself. I walk in his guest room and fall asleep thinking until it all hit me. The pictures in the little shelf downstairs were him and his brother, they looked so happy. Two boys playing video games and fighting because someone cheated, two boys who talked about their first kiss, two boys who fought for eachother at school, two boys who got matching tattoos together, one of those boys were gone.