Chapter 6

We get out of the car but see my mom standing on his porch. Oh god.

"Daniella Von you must think I'm stupid!" I get out of the car and rush to her, while Michael is beside me. " Mom it's not what you think.." I say quietly but she grips my wrist trying to pull me away from him. "You think you can tell me you're with Amanda then I call her and she says shes with a tattoo covered beast! Maybe I should just send you back to your dads until you learn how to behave!" Michael grabs my shoulder and she lets go of my wrist. "She's my friend, I was letting her stay at my house because you were.." I cut him off, "Mom, I can explain this when we get home. I quietly thank Michael and walk with my mom who won't shut up about how I'm stupid and he'll use me. When we walk in I let it all out. "Why would you do that? Do you not realize he was helping me while you were drunk with that boyfriend of yours and he was the only person who had the heart to let me stay?" She rolls her eyes. "Thats what he wants. We wants you to think he can protect you when he doesn't even care about you. Me being drunk is nothing, stop being a child." She groans and I run to my room. I hate the way she thinks, she isn't smart at all. I groan when I remember I left my bag and tolietries in his room. I grab an unopened toothbrush and put it in the bathroom. I continue to get phone calls from Austin and by the time it was the 5th I answered it. "Hello?" I say kind of harsh, I didn't mean to.. "Hey, are you busy? I want to take you to a movie?" I smile lightly. "Sure, pick me up at 8?" He agrees and I get dressed. I wear a floral blouse a light blue ripped skinny jeans. I put on sperrys then I leave my hair naturally wavey. I grab my phone and purse then walk downstaris. "Where do you think you're going?" My mom asks me while I get a cup and fill it up with juice. "A friend is taking me to a movie." I say and my voice is flat. "I'm going to meet him before you go anywhere." I roll my eyes when she isn't looking then I hear a knock on the door. I walk and my mom walks behind me. I open the door and see his bright smile. He's wearing khakis, a red polo with red vans. He has a single rose and my mom gasp. "You are just the sweetest thing, I'm Courtney, Daniellas mother." She takes the rose and shakes his hand. "I'm Austin, nice to meet you..." I never told him my last name, "Von.." I say quietly and his smile grows back. She walks to the kitchen and puts it in a vase. "Shall we go? I know a great place for dinner." I smile and I walk with him to his car. His car was a red Ford, nice. The smell of leather enters my nostrils and he turns the car on. The drive was silent, yet I was having a nice time. "So, what kind of movie would you like to see Mrs. Von?" I giggle and he laughs. "Anything, you can choose." He hums, "Scary movie, thats fine right?" I nod and say 'mhm' we drive to a nearby diner. He opens the door for me when we arrive and I polietly say thank you. His hand guides my back and I feel my cheeks blush. I remember when you and Michael got high and he had that pillow fight in the shed. No, stop thinking about him. He isn't good for you, he doesn't even like you. We walk in the casual restaurant and I smell the food, it smells so great considering the fact I didn't eat lunch. But you ate breakfast with Michael remember? He kissed you then said it was a mistake?" I really wish my subconsious was a person so I can punch it. The whole dinner Austin talks to me about football and all I could think about was Michael, how he would torture me in school, then protect me when we're alone, and he acts so sweet at times. He was bipolar too. One second he'll tell me my shirts ugly then moments later we're swimming in a stream. After Austins lecture of why he wants to play football he pays the check and we go to the movie. The movie was called "Evil dead" which sounded pretty scary. During the movie he put his arm around me because I got too scared, it really was scary. After the movie I'm practially cuddling with him. We get in his car and he teases me on how i'm a "baby" for being scared. He didn't even flinch during the movie. When we get to my house he hugs me goodbye. When I walk in the house my mom is bursting with questions. "It was fine. We had dinner and watched a scary movie, he's a nice person." I say and she smiles. "See I told you, if you dated that tattoo boy you wouldn't be happy." She is honestly crazy, "Mom I'm not dating anyone, or him." I don't plan on making anything official, at least not now. I walk upstairs and change into sweatpants with a tanktop. I brush my teeth and hair and head off to bed. I receive a text from Michael but ignore it, and lay in my bed. I toss and turn all night, who do I like? Michael. Duh. My subconsious was partly true, but Austin was a sweet guy. Too sweet? Usually guys only appear that way in movies, or maybe he was just really nice and I've been listening to Michael too much. Michael didn't want me and I surely don't want him. After my heavy thinking I fall asleep. 

I wake up around 11AM, hearing Andrew play his Xbox with his annoying friends. I call Amanda to see if she can go shopping with me today and she says she'll pick me up around 2. I head to the shower but call Michael first. "I need to come over.. to get my back.." I hear him sneeze and then hang up. I slip on my slippers and rush to his house and knock on his door. When he opens it his nose is red and he's shirtless. "I'm sick." His voice is raspy, it sent chills down my spine. "I see, where did you put my bag?" I ask and look around the clean plain house. "In my room on my counter." He says then he walks to the kitchen. I run up to his room and grab my bag. I can tell he's been ruffling through it because it looks like a mess. I sigh and walk down the stairs. "Don't look through my stuff Michael." I huff and he shrugs. I walk out of the house and run back to mine before I get caught by the neighbors. My mom and our neighbors are friends now so they'll probably tell her if they saw me come out of his house in pajamas. I grab a granola bar and then take a shower. I throw on dark jeans with a v-cut white shirt and a light black coat. I put on black vans then wait for Amanda to show up on the porch. When her white car shows up I rush to the car and her hair was a lighter brown. "Like it? Dyed it yesterday!" I nod and smile. It really did look nice on her, her hazel eyes went with it. We drive to the mall and we go to the footcourt first. We get McDonalds then go to Forever 21. We get a few sweaters and jeans. Her taste in clothes was really cute, so it helped me get flattering clothes. After we get a pair of TOMS we get a smoothe then we walk around and I describe the date with Austin last night. "He is such a charmer, but people say he's a big player." I sip my smoothe and think about what Michael said about him. I slip him out of my mind. "Well I don't think I see a future with him anyways, it's my senior year so I plan on getting my work done first." I say, I worked at a publishing office, what they do is they give me stuff to read and I see if I should publish it or not. I was 18 so I was old enough. I work at home because it's much easier but I have my own office there. She talks about how she doesn't really plan on seeing anyone until the end of the year, so her work can also get done easier. We agree and walk to a little stand with cute stuffed animals. I decide to get a big goldfish and give it to Michael since he's sick. I knew I wasn't thinking straight when I bought it. I didn't tell Amanda about me and Michael's trip to the stream or his house, I decided to keep it to myself. Around 8PM she drops me off at my house and we hug eachother goodbye. When I know shes gone for sure I walk to Michaels house and knock on the door holding the stuffed fish in my hand. "Hey." He says sniffling, he sounds like he's even worse. "Hi..I uh.. got you this.." I hand him the fish and he smiles. "Thanks.. I like it." He says and he unexpectedly hugs me. I hug him back then he thanks me again before closing the door. I like it when he's sick, he's more nicer. I laugh to myself and rush back home. I pick a new outfit for tomorrow then study for an hour. I check off my planner then set my alarm to sleep. Monday here I go. 

So I have a new 8tracks, it isn't really about the fanfic, its just a Michael mix. I think its a good one. Thanks for reading! Remember to vote/share/comment. x

http://8tracks.com/lolchristina/mikey