Standing In The Sun (Narnia fanfic)

Part 1:

I was walking in the park in London when Peter found me and he just smiled. He walked beside me, knowing full well what he wanted I stop walking and turned twowards him.

"Peter, are you following me cause you still love me?" I smiled kindly, yet with sorrow.

"Yes I am Samantha, please do go back out with me...I miss you terribly." He took my hands in his, he then gazed into my eyes.

"I don't know Peter, I'm suppose to go back to America, and besides I'm younger than you by at least 4 years," I said to him. I hugged him softly and pulled back slowly.

"I know Samantha, but my love for you is much greater than that of anyone else's. I don't care about the age difference, I love you." He looked again into my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Peter, maybe I should go." I turned to go, but I turned around and kissed him good-bye. After we broke apart, I ran off into a room that was small and yellow. This room was not suppose to be here and I realize everything started shifting and I fell on soft pile of what appeared to be leaves. I looked around me and saw water, lots of water, but I smelled sweet fall. Someone then sat down by me and smiled softly.

"What is your name?" The man asked of me.

"Samantha Anne Litte and you sir?" I asked in return.

"King Caspian X. Just call me Caspian." He stood up and held out his hand to me. I took it, then he pulled me up. I dusted myself off and looked at him.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You don't know? Of course, you are new...this is Narnia, my kingdom," He replied while dusting himself off.

"Narnia? Am I dreaming? Peter told me of this place...I never thought I'll be here myself." I turned and looked at the leaves and held them. I thought for a second that it was fall in London.

"You know Peter? Is Susan okay? How is everyone else?" He started with the questions.

"Yeah, I was Peter's girlfriend before he told me his age and all. Susan is fine and so is her family. I'm going to miss my flight back to America, so please do tell me the way out of this land," I looked to him and demanded.

"There is no way out yet, you have to stay until we beat the evil lurking around Narnia since you are here."

"You mean anytime someone from Earth comes here its because of evil?" I gave him a look.

"Yes, exactly. If you want to go home to this America place, your going to have to help me defeat the evil. Are you in?" He held out his hand and wanted wanted my reply.

"I really do not have a choice do I?" I took his hand and he shook mine.

next day

His palace smelled of pine as I awoke from my chambers I was staying at. I went to the washing rooms and cleaned myself and went down to the dining hall. He was seating down at the table looking through some notes from other parts of Narnia. He looked up as he recognized my presence. He motioned for me to seat down in the seat by him which was meant for the Queen.

"Are you not married Caspian, I mean Sir Caspian," I fixed my error fast although I remember just telling me to call him Caspian.

"I wanted Susan to marry me, but she went home. How is your boyfriend Peter? How did you two meet?"

"He's not my boyfriend anymore, we met a few weeks or months ago while I was studing here with my father. He works on historic sites in London, I really miss him though. I do still love Peter," I said. Caspian nodded and took a sip of his drink and leaned it towards me. I shook my head no but he would not except my reply. I then took a small sip from the glass and he set it down.

"How old are you?"

"About 15 or so, you?" I said.

"I'm seventeen." He motioned for food, and they set some down by him. He said thank you and motioned them to leave and rest.

"I'm not hungry, I want to go home." I looked down.

"Time here changes but time back on Earth remains the same as it did when you left. Please eat, I insist you do Samantha." He grabbed a plate and put some fruits and a type of bread on it. He gave the plate to me and I set it down as he got his food. We ate in silence and I got up and picked up the plates and the rest of the dishes. He looked shocked but let me continue.

"I know how to cook and clean, I hope that does not bother you at all. I also made my bed," I said to him before he could say anything about what I was doing.

"I see, continue. I will be in my studies if you need me Samantha."

"Just call me Sam please." I said. After I cleaned the dishes I went up to my room and looked out the window, I saw birds and other animals playing in the leaves. I smiled and went to look in the mirror. I saw myself, with my medium length brown hair and I stared into my green eyes. Suddenly I saw Caspian behind me, and I turned to face him.

"Are you okay Sam?" He looked at me softly and looked away.

"I do not think I am worthy of being loved by anyone." I sat down on the bed as I said this. He sat by me, and took me in his arms.

"We all are worthy of being loved, even the smallest of creatures of loved. Peter loves you for you, does that not count?"

"Love is a dufficult subject for me to understand...its hard." I looked in his eyes as he stared down into mine.

"Why not take love in and except it Sam? We all deserve happiness," He hugged me so softly and kissed my forehead.

"I am to young to be in love Caspian." I laid my head onto his chest and he smiled.

"Rest for now Sam." He laid me down onto the bed softly and kissed my forehead again before he left.

a few hours later

I woke up and found myself in the dark, Caspian walked in with a candle lit. He helped me out of bed and we packed out bags up for travel.

"Today we leave the safety of my castle to defeat the great evil, are you ready to face the dark side?"

"I am ready." We left onto the Dawn Treader and sent sail. I stood at the front of the ship and Caspian came up behind me.

"I love the blue star, but I think I am falling for yet another star," He said as I faced him.

"Am I that star you are now falling for? For if I am, I am falling for the brightest star of them all." He smiled when I said this and took me in his arms.

"Would you be offended if I kissed you?"

"I will be if you don't." He smiled when I spoke these words and he kissed me softly and I kissed him back and we then gazed up at the stars. He held me in his arms for the rest of the night and then morning came. We were awaken by rain falling on us but he just laughed.

"Have you ever kissed in the rain? I have not but would like to try, becuase I heard it was romantic." He took my hands into his and blushed slightly.

"No I have not, but if it was with you maybe I would like that." We kissed softly and then we saw land.

"Not a Narian Flag in sight, hurry, follow me." He walked into a room as I followed behind him. He handed my a bow and some arrows and I knew they were once Susan's.