chapter 11

The sun gazed down upon all of us and the icy wind blew my hair back. Caspian was sailing the ship with the crew as Peter trained me to fight with a sword. I was feeling a bit dizzy because of being on the sea again but other than that I felt just right. Caspian watched me train and he kept good keeping of what I needed work on. I didn’t mind criticism, at least not from him.

“You are getting much better,” Peter said and he laid his sword at his feet. I put my sword down at my feet and smiled.

“I am learning from one of the best,” I replied.

He blushed a little then smiled, “Why thank you.”

“Your most certainly welcomed Peter. Anyways, do you think I am ready for the big fight?” I asked him.

Caspian jumped down onto the deck and walked over to us, “I think you are most ready Sam. I am sure Peter will agree to that.”

Peter and Caspian looked at each other, “I believe she is. She has knocked me to the ground already like five times.”

I laughed, “Your lucky I did not do so more than that.”

Caspian looked at me, “Are you feeling well?”

I looked at him and replied, “Yes, why do you ask?”

“You look a little tired. Please do rest for a while. I will report to you when we reach a island or land,” He said to me and I could not ignore his wishes. I went to my quarters and got dressed in my night gown and went to bed. Caspian awoke me about four hours later because we reached land.

“This place is not a island,” I said to him.

Caspian handed me my sword, “But that does not mean we shall not be careful. Islands and land are the same when it comes to safety.”

Susan walked behind us, “Do you wish for me and Lucy to stay behind?”

Caspian turned to her and looked at me, “I would think best what Sam thinks.”

Susan looked at me and I said, “You may do as you wish. We do need all the help we can get on land and on the boat. I will not force you to make a sudden choice. You may dwell on it for a while before we actually go onto the land ourselves.”

Susan smiled, “I believe it was best if Lucy and me stay here and keep the crew in order. Take this,” she said and she handed me Lucy’s elixir that saves lives.

“What is this for?”

Susan answered, “If there ever comes need for that at anytime, you may want to keep it.”

I nodded, “Very well then.”

Caspian and me headed onto the land and once we were far along enough we saw houses. No people. I believe they are hiding from danger, they must know of the evil that is among us. Caspian and me searched and we found many people. We helped them out and they talked to us.

I befriended a girl whose name was Sally, “You must look north to find the rising star. It will lead you to the evil.”

“How do you know this?” I asked her.

“I know more than people will know. I have the knowledge of everything around me and I can feel the past and future that is upon us,” she said to me.

I replied, “North is the way we must go from now on.”

She asked me, “Are you certain you want to marry Caspian?”

“How do you know of me and Caspian’s relationship?” I asked her.

“Like I have said, I know many things. It is my gift,” she replied.