Chapter 15

-Chapter 15 (HKDGAL)

Ashton looked at me and asked, "How long have you been away from here my Queen? My people have told me that you have been away from here for ages. You were lost during the great way that came upon our people."

Flashes of blood shed appeared in my mind and I closed my eyes. Why is this happening to me? Are these memories that were hidden away for so long?

"I have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to me being a Queen of Narnia." I looked at him with a sad expression on my face. "I wish I knew what you were talking about but I don't. I feel bad that I don't."

He looked down and sighed. "I knew you wouldn't remember anything about your past. I am planning on taking you to the elders. Maybe they will know how to get your memories back."

Ashton ran a hand through his hair and looked around. I asked, "Why do you think I vanished? There must be a reason why I did. Did I lose a war? Did I die?"

"I have no clue since I wasn't involved in it and I didn't know you personally," he answered. "Aslan knows though and so do the elders. Do you seriously have no memories of the past?"

I looked at the scene in front of me. People were screaming and blood spilt on the ground. I screamed at the sight of it and fell to my knees. War is a deadly thing to have.

"Queen Emmy," someone said and I turned to see a girl who looked like me looking at a royal guard of some sort. "We need to hide you from this place. Your parents would have wanted you to be safe."

"I do not wish to leave me people." The girl turned her back to the guard. "You may leave though if you wish to have me leave so much. I shall not abandon my people. They are the only reason why I live. I have no other thing keeping me in this world. If I lose them, I lose myself."

The guard gasped in shock. "B-but you have every reason to want to live!" he exclaimed and I saw the girl turned her head slightly to look at him. 

"I don't wish to leave. I want to be here for my people. They need me and I need them," she stated and she picked up a necklace off a table. "Here you go. Keep this as a token for serving me. You have done so well Sir Michael." 

Sir Michael took the necklace from her and got on one knee. "Please don't leave me my queen. I am only doing what your parents told me to do in a time of need. They asked me to protect you and I will do just that."

Before the queen could reply, the door opened and in walked a golden haired man. He got down on one knee and bowed his head. The queen looked at him softly and looked at the guard for a moment. The guard nodded and left the room after leaving the necklace behind.

"I have come here to ask you for your hand in marriage my Queen," the man said and he looked up at little. "Our families shall be united by our union. You know this is meant to be. Our relatives would have wanted this. There is no need to be alone during war."

The queen frowned. "Oh...Ashton..." she muttered out. Ashton? I was asked by him to marry him? What is going on here? "I know that is what they wanted and I love you dearly. You are one of the most important people in my life. I wouldn't want anyone else to take your place."

Ashton stood up on his feet. "Are you saying you don't want to marry me?" he asked and the girl shook her head. "Then what is wrong? Have I wronged you?"

"I wish you did. This would be so much easier for the both of us. We wouldn't have to do what our relatives want us to do." 

"If you don't wish to marry me you can just tell me. It won't hurt me much if you did. I will do anything you want me to."

The queen stared at him for a moment, her eyes turning sad. "I wish to have more time to think of this. I want to understand everything that is going on. Why is the world like this to me? Why can't I just ignore it all for once? Why am I queen?" She covered her hands with her face and Ashton looked down.

"I shall go my queen. I wish to comfort you but we all know what happens when I try." Ashton blew her a kiss and exited the room. 

I walked over to the girl and hugged her from behind. "I understand your pain," I whispered and I felt her tense at my touch. She can feel me? I can feel my touch? "I want you to know that you shouldn't keep running away. You need Ashton and his love. He cares so much about you that you need to understand the suffering we have to go through. I know life isn't fair but it is meant to be that way. You get dealt a hand and you have to play it to the best of your abilities."

She looked up at the ceiling and I noticed a tear slide down her cheek. I closed my eyes and forced a smile onto my face. I held her tighter.

"Please don't be sad," I muttered out. "I understand you and you understand me. We complete each other."

"Emmy!" Ashton shouted and I snapped out of it. "Is something wrong?"

"It's nothing," I lied. "I just had a moment where I space out."

Ashton nodded and I saw sadness in his eyes. Does he want me to remember what happened? Does he want me to remember what happened to me? What made me leave?

"I know why you're sad," I mumbled out and I walked pass him. "I want to see the elders."

"What did you say before the elders?"

"I said something about myself. Let's get going so we can go and hunt down that demon. I really want to help you out." I looked back at him and smiled. "Oh...Ashton..." 

Ashton gasped and stopped in his tracks.

"Is something wrong? Did I wrong you or did you wrong me?" I blinked in confusion and I shook my head. Why am I talking like this? Who was that queen.

"You're here."

"What?"

"The old you is inside you right now. You two are mixed together in one body. You have become one."

I tilted my head. What in the world?

"I'll explain later. Let's just get to the Elders now."

A/n: Another long wait for a chapter. I will get Star to write a new chapter soon. I will also ask her if we can make this into two books. Anyways, follow her or me, vote, or comment if you like this story. Thanks!