Chapter 1

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Hi everyone

This is book 8 in the Twists of Fate series. If you feel you can come up with a better blurb or cover please email me and I might use it.

So back to the world of Sogol.

Have fun

Chapter 1

Pregnant.

Even a week after having Thais declare it and Nathanael confirming it mere minutes later, it still left her shocked. To say Tarval was pleased was an understatement, he was ecstatic but it was tempered with the nerves of a first-time parent as this was his first child.

Back when they were new mates and they first started talking about the possibility of children Tarval had made one request, that for their first child he wanted her tended to by people who knew about Da’Vaila pregnancies and the complications that might arise with the birth of a baby with wings. She had agreed because she knew it would be smart to have experts looking after her at least for their first, which was

why she was glancing around their rooms wondering what else she needed to pack.

She came to a stop before a full length mirror and stopped to look at herself, was she ready to be a mother. Too late now, her beast scoffed at her. Her dark eyes took in her features, dark brown hair fell in gentle waves down to her back; a black and white feather was tucked behind her left ear, the symbol of her union with Tarval. She looked over her body looking for something which would convince her she was pregnant, it just seemed so… unreal to her, fourteen years they had been together and only now were they successful. Her body hadn’t started to change yet; it was lean with firmly packed muscles as she trained hard to keep herself safe. After living the childhood she had, she had taken to the warrior arts strongly, building herself up to be able to protect herself from anything life threw at her. Well… anything but becoming a mother.

Amy stepped up beside her daughter and wrapped an arm around her. “What’s wrong?” Amy asked. Alanna turned to the woman who had given her everything, her mother. Generally if people meet them without knowing they were mother and daughter people assumed they were friends and not even consider their real relationship as possible. Amy looked no older than she did when Alanna first met her, oh her midnight black hair was longer and her body was leaner, but you would never believe that she had given birth to triplets or to a fourth. Glowing green marks ran up Amy’s arms and neck and as well as over many other parts of her body. Her face was delicate but when needed there would be steel in her blue eyes; considered by those in the know to be the most dangerous creature currently known, she was not to be messed with… ever. However, to Alanna she would always be the woman who held her as she healed, body and soul, her mother.

“I’m pregnant nothing is wrong,” Alanna answered even as her hands ran over her flat stomach in which the proof of her love for Tarval was now growing, she couldn’t even remember going into heat but she must have to be finally be pregnant.

Amy sat her daughter on the bed, “Nervous?”

Alanna nodded, how could she not be nervous, she had never been pregnant, never had a life so dependent on her before. Children had; up until very recently; been an abstract thought, not something she had seriously thought about, now however she had to start thinking seriously.

“Don’t be… you’ll make a great mother.” Amy said in a reassuring tone.

“But I’m nothing like you,” Alanna complained.