Chapter Forty Eight

"You look fine, princess," Chad says, leaning down and pecking me on the lips. "I mean-"

"No perverted thoughts," I tell him and he grins, shaking his head.

"How did you know?"

"Come on, it's you." He nods his head in agreement. "A month passed by quick," I mutter. I was shocked that it had been a month already and my best friend would be getting married today. Before I know it, Ryan and Amy will be marrying too! It was scary, they were all marrying and everything was moving on so quick. It felt like only yesterday that we were fifteen again, but that would mean I hadn't met Steph or even Chad. Well, doesn't that suck?

"It sure did. I can't believe Stephanie is getting married already. I mean, she's not exactly my stepsister anymore, but still," he says and I just wanted to die at his adorableness.

"You're so cute," I breath out and he gives me this disapproving look. "Fine, fine, you're so sexy."

"Mm, now that is definitely better." I roll my eyes at him and finish applying my makeup. Well, by makeup I mean lipstick. I'd done my makeup before putting on my dress. "Alright, we ought to get going now." He took my hand but I pulled mine out of his. He looked at me and frowned, confused. I roll my eyes again and point to my feet which didn't have shoes on. "Oh, sorry," he murmurs. I sit on my bed and put on both of my shoes before strapping them up. Well actually, as I was about to strap them up, Chad had knelt down and done it for me.

"Who knew you could be sweet and a gentleman?" I ask with a giggle.

"I didn't even know myself," he replies, standing up and kissing me in process. He helps me up and we walk out of the room.

"You know, we kiss a lot," I point out and he hums in reply. We walk to the car and he helps me in, not that I needed it.

"So, Steph and Brandon aren't having any bridesmaids or groomsmen?" he asks and I shake my head.

"No, they said they wanted it small and simple. I mean, Malcolm wanted it traditional but she said they just wanted it beautiful, small and simple." It was true, they didn't want much fuss. I mean, she was even going to walk down the aisle without Malcolm giving her away! But, she negotiated with him because he said it's one thing he always wanted to do and that everything else can be how they want it.

"When we get married, we're having the whole shebang," he tells me, looking straight ahead at the road. He said it as if it were the most natural thing in the world and that we were engaged already.

"Married?" I mean, who knew if we would last? Let alone until marriage! I mean, I do want to but not every relationship fairs well. Sadly.

"Yep, and don't get freaked out. It's not like I'm going to propose anytime soon. I mean, we just got together. But I will make you my wife one day, I promise you that," he mutters and his promise makes my heart flutter and stomach erupt in millions of butterflies. Why oh why. I stayed silent, not entirely having anything to say. But one thing stayed imprinted in my mind.

Promises are made to be broken.

I wanted to believe Chad and that he will keep his promise, but they are meant to be broken. It's not like I don't want us to get married because I can see a future in us, but along the way..stuff happens. I just hope we can end up surviving all that and make it through together. Eh, I'm sure we will.

*

"You may now kiss your bride," Brandon pulled Stephanie in for a quick kiss and she pulled back worrying about whether or not she got lipstick on him. He rolled his eyes at her while they turned to us all. Let's just say, she still fretted about it.