Chapter Eighteen

P.s. I don't know how prisons work in England (or anywhere else) so excuse the mistakes.

***

I'm so stupid, so very stupid. Why am I doing this?

While walking, I found myself outside the prison. Well, you know. I found myself walking in too. I'd gone to the library and went on the computer and found the stories about what he did. I was horrified. I wanted to find out why he did it. I wanted to know why he was like this. At first when I got with him, he was sweet. Yes, he was controlling and possessive, but he was still sweet and kind. Then everything just went so downhill.

I walked up to one of the police men, or guard...I don't know, and asked him if I needed a visiting order. He told me I didn't really, and asked me who I was here to see. I'm sure it's this prison, after all...it's our hometown, I'm sure he didn't move far away. I mean, I know he moved schools, but I'm sure he stayed in our hometown.

"Tyson Blackwood." The prison guard nods his head and uses a speaker, or walkie talkie, to communicate with some other police guard.

The one I spoke to led me somewhere and searched me, making sure I didn't have anything like a weapon or something to help break anyone out. I definitely don't. He took my phone and keys and told me I could collect it when I leave. He then led me into a room where there were many other tables where other prison inmates sat, opposite to their visitor. He led me to an empty table and I waited. He then left and was replaced with another prison guard who stood close to me. I then heard a door open, and then I saw him. Tyson. He looks the same, except...bigger. More muscle and all. He even has a lot of tattoos now. He just looks...really scary. I gulp, mentally killing myself knowing I shouldn't be here.

Tyson walled closer and closer with the other police guard. Once Tyson sat down in front of me, the one who took him in left. The one who stood near me was still there, though, giving me comfort. "Riley?"

"Yeah.."

"I haven't seen you in years," he says, smiling at me. "Did you miss me?"

"I heard what you did," I say, sighing. "Why?"

"Why what? Why did I kill her?"

"Yes, and..the other stuff. It was so cruel, Tyson."

"She deserved it, she cheated on me. She was with another guy, I saw her. She was hugging him and everything!"

"You beat him up, didn't you?" I read about it. The guy had come forth after the girl was killed and told the police how he had also beaten him up, hours before he killed her. Tyson nodded. I even read who the guy was.. "You killed her for hugging her brother, Tyson. You beat up her brother. That was her brother, and you killed her for showing affection to him? Her own family?" She was murdered for hugging her brother..

"No, no. It wasn't her brother. They're lying. She was with other guys too." She wasn't, I bet she wasn't. "She betrayed me."

"So you raped and killed her?!"

"She deserved everything she got!" He yelled, banging his fist on the table and making me jump in my seat. He won't hurt you, I keep telling myself, you're surrounded by police guards.

"Blackwood!" One prison guard shouted. "Back to your cell!"

"No," I say. "No, I need to speak to him more. Just, five more minutes?" I ask. The prison guard sighs and nods his head.

"Keeping a close eye on you, Blackwood," he snarls out. He must really not like him, I mean who would?

"Why are you like this, Ty? You were so nice when we first started dating, even with the other girls. Then you turn like this, possessive and...abusive." He goes to take my hands but I pull them back. He glares at me but then his eyes soften, only for a moment though.

"It's because I care."

"You killed the girl because you care, is that what you're trying to say?"

"Yes."

"What happened to you? Sure you were a bully in high school, but now? You're a murderer, Ty. I don't get it. Why are you wired so different to all of us? Why are you so overly possessive that you have to abuse the girls you date?"

"I didn't abuse you."

"We weren't together but you did."

"So you're an exception."

"No, I'm not. We may not have been together at the time, but you still did what you did.. Why do you feel the need to do this? You could've been a good man..but you've ruined your life."

"Stop."

"You're going to die in prison, Ty. Is that how you wanted your life to play out?"

"Stop it."

"Dying in prison? Serving a life sentence?"

"I said stop!" And yet again, he banged his fist down on the table, scaring me.

I stand up, ready to leave. "Not only have you ruined your life, you took away the life of that girl. She could've been big, she probably had dreams. You took that away from her, you took away her chance to live a full life. You took the chance for her to have kids, you just..you're a monster," I tell him, shaking my head. I start to walk away but stop in my tracks when I hear him calling me.

"Don't leave me again, Riley!" I turn around and look at him standing up, being held by two police guards.

"Goodbye, Tyson."

"Don't you dare leave! If you leave I'll kill you!" He can't kill me..he's in prison..for life..

I turn around and walk out, collecting my stuff on my way out. While walking away though, I could hear him screaming my name and threats to kill me. I've made a huge mistake coming to see him.

"I'm sorry about him ma'am."

"He's not wired probably, he's got problems. I think he needs to see a psychiatrist or something. He's not well," I tell the guard. "He's not well.." I whisper to myself.

"I suggest you don't visit him, it can be quite dangerous for you considering the threats we've just heard. I'm only looking out for your safety, so I suggest you really don't come back."

"I wasn't planning on it." With that, I left and went back home.

I was stupid to go see him, but I felt like I had to. I felt like I had to know why he did that to the poor girl, why he did what he did to me...and the other girls. Sure, I was only fifteen and he was sixteen, but he'd dated quite a few girls before me within a year. I should've listened to them.

When I got home, I was met with Ryan. He pulled me into a hug. "Uh, what's this hug for?"

"I thought you left," he told me. Um, okay..isn't entirely a bad thing considering he would know where I went..

"I left my stuff though, so why would I leave without them?"

"Exactly, I thought you left without them. I thought you'd do something stupid."

"Why would I?" I knew what he was indicating, I think.

"I thought you might go and-"

"I know what you thought. I'm not going to do that, I value my life and want to live it until the end."

"Thank goodness." He pulled back and grinned. But the. His face turned serious. "Now, are you going to tell me how he scared you so that you flinch when your own brother goes to touch you?"