Chapter Two

"Riley!" Was someone calling me? I pause my music and take my earphones out but hear nothing so I shrug and put my earphones back in my ears and play my music again. I was peacefully reading under a tree while listening to music. It relaxes me, actually. Plus, I had nothing better to do anyway. "Riley!" I swear someone is calling me. I shrug it off, thinking that it's probably just my mind playing tricks on me. Oh well.. While I was reading, the light suddenly got darker. I frown and look up, noticing Parker. Oh Parker, Ryan's best friend who always annoys me and happened to go to the same university as me.. Sigh. I pause my music and take out my earphones. "Bloody hell, babe, been calling you for ages!"

"Sorry, thought my mind was playing tricks on me. What'd you want, anyway?" And why are you bothering me?

"Just wanted to say hi, is that a crime?" He sat down beside me and took my phone from my hand. "Ah, music. Anyone's true love. Well in this case, my second true love." He tells me, giving me back my phone and putting it on my lap.

"Second true love? From what I gathered you're probably banging every girl on campus. Who could possibly be your first true love?"

"Oh, so oblivious you are. You're my first true love, obviously. How could you not know?" I roll my eyes at him. "Besides, you should know by now we have chemistry." Damn this boy always flirting with me. He places his hand on my leg and I give him the look. He takes his hand off my leg. "Playing hard to get, hm?"

"Oh shut up, Parker. You know I don't like you like that."

"Worth a try. I mean, you are a hot piece-" I turn my head, narrowing my eyes at him. I gave him the I dare you look and he immediately shut up. "Um, anyway.. Can I at least get a kiss?"

"Desperate, much?"

"Come on, babe, we're meant to be.. Can't you see?"

"Nope, definitely not. Besides, you're my brother's best friend and you're more like another annoying brother to me."

"Ouch, brother-zoned. You hurt me, Riley, right here." He points to his heart, jutting out his bottom lip too. "Kiss my boo boo? It's hurt pretty bad." Sometimes, I honestly cannot tell if he's actually joking. "Please, Riley? After all, you are the one who hurt me."

I lean close to him. "How about.." I lean closer to his face, and I could see him smirking. I lean closer to his ear and whisper, "in your dreams, lover boy." I stand up, grab my stuff, and leave him. But obviously, he follows me.

"Damn, babe, you really got me there. That was pretty hot you know?" I ignore him and carry on walking back into campus, walking back to my room. "Hey, don't ignore me."

"I can ignore you if I want to, you can't tell me what to do."

"Good thing you don't listen to me then, cos the things I'd tell you to do.." Um, is he getting a bit horny there? "I'd tell you to-"

I turn to him and poke his chest, "You better stop right there, mister. I don't want to hear any of your sordid fantasies." I carry on walking off but obviously, there's no getting rid of him. "Does Ryan know you're trying to get into bed with his twin sister?"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind, I mean I have been trying to get- hang on! I'm not entirely trying to get into bed with-"

"What exactly are you trying to do then?" I ask, turning my head towards him and raising a brow.

"Uhh..."

"Exactly, Parker. You're just trying to get me to bed, it's a shame for you that it's not working." I was almost to my room when he stopped me.

"So...nothing is working on you?" I shake my head. "None of my charms are working?" I shake my head again and he chuckles. "Wow, you're one piece of work. Damn, I hate how you keep making me work for you."

"You're never getting me, Parker. So, keep trying if you must." I carry on walking and unlock my room, walking in and closing it behind me. But, he stops the door from closing with his foot. "Go away, Parker."

"But.. Fine, I'll be back."

"Um, no you're not."

"Shit, okay gotta go! Forgot I had class!" He runs off and I laugh. He's such a goofball, I swear. A desperate goofball. I close the door and lay down on my bed.

"Well, you and Parker huh?" I jump when I realise Steph had come out of my bathroom.

"What the hell? I thought you were with-"

"Oh I was, I came back not long ago. Thought I'd pop over. But, you didn't answer the door and so I thought I'd use the spare key and wait for you. So, what actually is the deal with you two?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. Parker is Ryan's best friend, remember? Haven't I told you how he's been trying since high school to get me to bed?" She furrows her eyebrows, probably thinking back to when I did tell her. I know I did because we then had a laugh about it, and also discussed how many girls he's probably got into bed.

"Oh! I remember!" She starts laughing her head off and I look at her weirdly. "Sorry, but it's funny. The way he just remembered he had class."

"Wow, Steph." She walks over and sits on my bed, lying down beside me. "So, what did you and Brandon do?"

"Nothing too interesting, we saw my dad and step mum. They invited us for dinner on the weekend, oh and told me to invite you. You should come along, it'll be good."

"Third wheeling? Really?" I hated being the third wheel, too awkward and boring.

"No, no. My dad and step mum will be there. Chad is suppose to be joining but I doubt he'll come. Don't worry, we won't leave you out. You can always invite Parker, if you wanted." She suggested, laughing away.

"Oh, shut up. But yeah, alright. I'll come then. Can't be that bad."

"Good! Wear something nice."

"Don't I always dress nice?"

"Well..." I look at her, mouth agape. Do I really not dress nice? "I'm joking! You always do. But nothing too casual nor fancy. I'll help you pick if you wanted? Just wear a dress though, it's a semi formal dinner. They have some sort of news, I think."

"Alright, alright. Got it. I'll find something soon, just wanna rest right now."

"Netflix?"

"Definitely."