~Chapter 3~

****Picture on this side of Britney****

The second I closed the door was the same second I regretted coming out here in the first place. I built up as much bravery as I could muster up within my body and marched towards James and his two 'friends'.

I was halfway there, seeing the boys figures more clearly now.

James was definitely one of them. Half empty vodka bottle in his hand, joint burning in the other, laughing at something the guy next to him had said. I glanced at the guys with him and they looked like thugs. Baggy pants with there boxers hanging out the back, long football jersey's, and backwards baseball caps. Both with there very own vodka bottle, more than half way empty. I'm surprised these guys were still standing.

I kept my eyes on James the rest of the way over, now only a few feet away from them. James noticed me then, and looked a little panicked. Good. He should be.

James leaned away from the tree, now standing strait up, looking at me walking towards him.

"Ashley..."

I stopped in my tracks as he took a few steps closer to me, closing in the distance between us.

His friends whistled at me and he turned to give them a dirty look before handing one of them the joint. His friends stood closely behind him, blowing the smoke in my face. I fanned it away and pushed James in the chest hard.

"So you blow me off to hang with these losers?"

 Practically spiting in his face with anger. He frowned at me and his boys stepped in closer, now surrounding me. 

I suddenly felt tiny and powerless then. Remembering that I was just one girl against three drunk dudes that could probably lay me out within seconds. 

"James... come home with me? Please."

I spoke in a small timid voice, that was meant to come out stronger and more seductive. He friends laughed and shoved him in the shoulder.

"Hey James, once your through with her, would you mind handing the chick over to me?"

The guy with the brown hair stood forward, showing me his perfectly white smile, he might have seemed attractive if his eyes weren't blood-shot red and his breath smelling like a mix of beer and liquor. James shoved him back and scowled at him.

"She's mine bro, back off." 

"Oh yeah?"

The black haired guy half smiled at me and James grabbed him by his shirt.

"Yeah."

James snapped.

I interrupted them.

"James, your drunk, let me take you home."

I stepped closer to James and the guy he was still glaring at.

"You gonna let your lady boss you around like that James?"

The brown haired guy spoke. 

James let go of his shirt and turned to the other guy.

"Nobody tells me what to do Sean!"

Sean shrugged his shoulders and took a drag from the joint.

"Then prove it. Make her respect you."

The guy with black hair chimed in with anticipation. 

"Yeah! Show her who's boss James!"

James turned to me with a frown on his face, taking a few steps closer to me. My breathing got heavier as I was backed up against the same tree James was leaning against earlier. All three of them were surrounding me now, with James in front. He leaned his body against mine and wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. He started to lean his face down to mine and I turned my head, avoiding his kiss.