Battle in the Maelstrom

NEXT CHAPTER! :D ok so this chapter has more fighting, and more death, and is so deep and emotional that I almost cried while typing it. despite this, it is not one of my best chapters and i almost feel disappointed with it. idk. i might go back and do some work on it.

E N J O Y !

Battle in the Maelstrom

Jack paced around the cell muttering, “Think like the whelp… think like the whelp… think like the whelp… half barrel hinges… leverage!”

He grabbed a large piece of splintered wood and pried the door free, just as Will had done for him about a year and a half prior.

“Wish me luck, boys, I’ll need it,” Jack said as he ran out the door.

“I miss him already,” said the first Jack.

“He is quite charming, isn’t he?” the second Jack agreed.

“She’s a very lucky girl, that one,” added the first Jack.

“Nobody move!” the third Jack yelled suddenly and the other two whirled around to look at him. “I dropped me brain.”

~

“Batten down the hatches!” shouted Gibbs. “Stick to your guns! Sight the flash!”

He glanced up at the stormy sky worriedly and then looked at Serenity. It was bad luck to have a woman on board. It was even worse now that Calypso was free.

“Hold it!” Gibbs yelled to Pintel and Ragetti. “Wait till we’re more to port!”

They waited half a minute.

Then…

“Fire!” yelled Barbossa.

“Fire!” screamed Elizabeth.

“Fire!” cried Will.

The booms of the cannons were almost deafening.

“It be too late to alter course now, mateys!” Barbossa shouted in the same maniacal voice he had used when they sailed off the edge of the world.

The only difference was that now Serenity trusted him to know what he was doing, and she didn’t worry.

~

Jack scrambled to the captain’s cabin, looking for the chest and his effects, which had, once again, been taken before he was thrown in the brig.

To his surprise and delight, he found them sitting by the door in the captain’s cabin, guarded only by the two idiot guards that he had met several times before.

“Hold it, or I’ll shoot!” said Mullroy, pointing his gun at Jack just as a cannonball blasted through the cabin behind them.

“Good one,” said Jack. “I just came to get me effects. Admirable though it may be, why are you here when you could be elsewhere?”

“Someone has to stay and guard the chest,” said Murtogg, and they both pointed their cannons back at the chest.

And there it was.

“There is no question, there has been a breakdown in military discipline aboard this vessel,” said Mullroy.

“I blame the fish people,” said Murtogg.

“Oh! So fish people, by dint of being fish people, automatically aren’t as disciplined as non-fish people?” asked Mullroy with a tone of great sarcasm.

Jack saw his opportunity to grab the chest.

“Seems contributory, is all I’m suggesting,” said Murtogg.