A Pirate's Betrayal

yay! finally another update! I'm sorry it took so long this time! I was just really busy moving into college and settling into the first week. idk how much time I'm gonna have to write with all of my classes, but I will try to post when I have time.

E N J O Y !

A Pirate’s Betrayal

“Still thinking of running, Jack?” Barbossa asked him as they stood on the beach, gazing at the dead kraken. “Think you can outrun the world? You know, the problem with being the last of anything is, by and by, there be none left at all.”

“Sometimes, things come back, mate,” Jack pointed out. “We’re living proof, you and me.”

“Aye, but that’s a gamble of long odds, ain’t it? There’s never a guarantee of coming back, but passing on, that’s dead certain.”

Jack thought about it for a moment.

Then, he said, “Summoning the Brethren Court, then, is it?”

“It’s our only hope, lad.”

“That’s a sad commentary in and of itself,” said Jack.

“The world used to be a bigger place,” Barbossa said sadly.

“The world’s still the same,” Jack said insightfully. “There’s just less in it.”

As they moved into the forest, Jack stole a glance at the Pearl, his beloved ship. He imagined he could see the wavy black locks of Serenity aboard the ship, but quickly shook the image out of his head. Why had she popped into his head like that?

When they found the freshwater spring, however, there was already someone there: someone dead.

Barbossa tasted the water, but spit it back out immediately.

“Poisoned,” he reported. “Fouled by the body.”

Pintel turned the body over and gasped.

“Hey, I know him!” Pintel exclaimed. “He was in Singapore!”

“Singapore!” Cotton’s parrot squawked.

“Captain!” Marty exclaimed.

“Oy, we’ve got company!” Ragetti cried, pointing to Sao Feng’s ship, which was floating alongside the Pearl.

Tai Huang’s men turned their guns on Jack.

“He’s the captain,” Jack said, pointing to Barbossa.

~

Jack, Barbossa, Pintel, Ragetti, and a few of Sao Feng’s men went ashore to resupply. Serenity decided to stay with the ship and use the time to find some new clothes.

She found a small chest below deck that had one set of woman’s clothing. There was a clean burgundy shirt, a black corset—it was laced in front and obviously intended to be worn on top—a black coat that hung down to her knees, a pair of dark brown leggings, and black knee-high pirate boots. Pleased with what she had found, Serenity changed into the new clothes and went back on deck.

Emerging from below, Serenity found herself face to barrel with a gun. She was too surprised to stop the men from tying her hands behind her back and shoving her along with the rest of the crew. Looking around, Serenity noticed that Will was the only one who had not been tied up and herded into the center of the ship. He was talking to none other than Sao Feng.

Was Will the one who had betrayed them? No, he couldn’t be. Serenity knew that Will would never betray her. He was her friend.

Jack and Barbossa returned to the ship, escorted by Sao Feng’s men with guns pointed at their heads.