Davy Jones' Locker

hey all! here's the next chapter! I'm gonna try to add pictures to each of the chapters next so go check them out!

E N J O Y !

Davy Jones’ Locker

As the ship sailed through the ocean, Serenity found herself becoming bored. She had jobs to do aboard the ship, but they were mostly mindless jobs that did nothing to distract her from her boredom.

During one of her breaks that were far too long and came far too often, Serenity stared down at her tattooless arms, thinking of her father and the innumerous pirate tattoos he had. It was then that she decided she wanted a tattoo of her own.

She approached the dark-skinned woman known as Tia Dalma, who seemed to know everything about everything, intending to ask that she give Serenity a tattoo.

“Yes, chil’, I do give tattoos. And no, I do not do it for free,” Tia Dalma said before Serenity could even open her mouth.

“Do you read minds?” Serenity asked. “Never mind, that’s not important. What’s important is, I haven’t got anything to pay you with.”

“One of your scales will suffice,” said Tia Dalma, giving Serenity a grin of mostly blackened teeth.

As she really wanted those tattoos, Serenity agreed to the exchange and soon found herself being plunged into a tub of sea water.

As soon as her legs turned to tail, Tia Dalma swooped down and yanked one of the scales off and put it in a small jar. She planned to use the scale for one of her potions. It was the only ingredient she still needed.

The deed done, Serenity dried herself off and put her clothes back on.

"I want a raven on my left shoulder and a skull and crossbones on my right,” she said, rolling up her sleeves.

Tia Dalma gazed intently at her. This girl surprised her more and more every day. Why would she want a raven? The raven did not symbolize anything that Tia Dalma was aware of.

“An interesting choice,” she said. “May I ask why?”

“My father’s symbol was the raven,” Serenity explained. “He named his ship after it. And the skull and crossbones will identify me as a pirate, something I feel obliged to do now that my father is no longer around. Besides, the pirates are going up against Beckett, and I want in on that.”

Tia Dalma smiled in understanding. The girl had cared more for her father than Tia Dalma anticipated. Perhaps this girl was more different from herself than Tia Dalma had originally thought.

~

Several hours of what had to be the most pain Serenity had ever experienced later, she found herself sitting topside, her upper arms wrapped in bandages to keep her from scratching at them and getting them infected. The only good thing about the pain was it distracted her from the bitter cold that had settled over the ship in the past few hours.

“Why don’t that obe woman bring back Jack, the same way she brought back Barbossa?” asked Pintel, shivering with cold and covered in snow and ice.

“Because Barbossa was only dead,” said Tia Dalma. “Jack Sparrow is taken, body and soul, to a place not of death, but punishment. The worst fate a person can bring upon himself. Stretching on forever. That’s what awaits at Davy Jones’ Locker.”

‘Sounds like such a pleasant place,’ Serenity thought sarcastically.

“I knew there was a good reason,” said Ragetti to Pintel.