Chapter 6-The Banquet

He stood so proudly unlike the last time we met. Standing in the middle of the dance floor was my ex-boyfriend Blake. He had cheated on me and then said that he made a really big mistake by that. Sure right he did, but it was too late. He had already betrayed me with my ex-bestfriend and I wasn’t about to take him back then. Or ever!

I noticeably stiffened in the arms of Bradley. He looked down at me since I was a few centimetres shorter than him. His eyes were ridden with concern. “What’s wrong?” he asked with pure care. “What is Blake doing here?” I replied almost fuming with rage. I swore if he ever spoke to me again I would kick him in the balls, and I was planning on doing just that.

“How do you know Blake?” He responded. “Let’s just say that, that dick whose name happens to be Blake cheated on me with my ex-bestfriend and if he so much as says hello to me, so help him!” I whispered although I was whispering yelling towards the end.

“OMG I didn’t know!” Bradley exclaimed. I looked back at Blake to see him walking towards us. Bradley tried to pull me away, but I wouldn’t budge. I was not scared of anyone especially not of Blake.

“This is our new queen?” he asked Bradley, not even sparing me glanced once we were up close. Bradley nodded backing up a step. “This pathetic excuse for a human being is supposed to lead us to victory and glory. A girl who acts so much like a guy it’s hard to tell the difference sometimes.” He exclaimed. I punched him in the arm, pretty hard but not full force.

He staggered back a few steps. Shock written all over his face. “I’m right here!” I shouted. A few people turned around but Bradley shot them a glare that said ‘stay out of this’ and they all went back to whatever they were doing. “I know, bitch, now stay out of it.” He exclaimed. The nerve of this boy. He was the one who cheated on me and I was the bitch with a problem. “What the fuck is a man whore like him doing here?” I asked Bradley with pure rage in my voice. “Alexa, this is Blake your fiancé,” he answered. “No, really what is he doing here?” I hope he was joking.

“Trust me, if I would have known that I would have to marry you, I would’ve made my parents disown me a long time ago.” Blake replied as he glared at Bradley. Bradley glared back. It was as if world war 3 were about to happen, but because of what? Was it…nah it couldn’t…but maybe…maybe they were fighting over me.

Bradley’s arm stiffened against my own as he dropped it down to my waist, pulling me into him. “Shut your mouth you dick!” Bradley said as he pulled us away. We both sighed in unison.

“Ok, thanks for the whole shut up thing, and I am sorry if I ruin your whole tradition thing but I am not marrying that thing,” I stated pointing at Blake who was already flirting with another girl. She had icy blue eyes but that didn’t stop him, he liked a challenge. I knew that far too well.

“I know, here why don’t you just enjoy the banquet and stay away from Blake. Once you start training then you can kick his ass and not get blamed for it.” Bradley suggested. Wait, start training? Who even says I want to stay that long? I have a life to get back to! But before I could say something Bradley had disappeared into the crowd. I decided to take his advice and enjoy the banquet, I mean the room was absolutely beautiful. Granted I didn’t like the flowers or the the fact that some of it was pink, but otherwise wow. I didn’t really get to have a look when we came in because of Blake. But now that I see it, it is extrodinary. There were blue birds all kinds flying around the hall. The floor was covered in soft blue carpet. The walls were hung with white sheets. Most places just looked tacky when they did this, but not here.

I took a few steps closer to the DJ. He was playing grenade very softly in the background. I went right up to him and pulled one of his ear muffs off. “Heey could you please play party at rich dudes house?” I whispered. That was the perfect song for this moment. He nodded his head as he changed the music. I signalled for him to turn up the volume and I got a microphone and made my way back into the crowd.