Chapter 4-The meeting of Bradley

It was like the size of an average living room times 50. There were chalkboards along the left wall and white boards along the right. As the rest of the bungalow palace, every other inch of the walls were either wooden or covered in leaves. There were several, wooden cabinets at the back of the gigantic room. I wondered what they needed them for? Maybe storing bodies...what if they did use them for that? No that’s ridiculous, they wouldn’t. I pushed the thought into the back of my head. I didn’t feel like dwelling on it right now. I looked around the room again, taking in the view.

There were a few rows of books on each side of the room, near the cupboards. There were a few desks here and there, a few couches spread around the room. “It’s the study room. Everyone comes here for peace and quiet and to work on their stuff.” Leah whispered so softly I was surprised I even heard her. I looked around at the few people in the room. There were a few slim woman sitting on one of the couches. Each with a red book in their right hand, with their left, skinny legs crossed over their right. As Leah and I walked past they all put their books down at the same time and greeted us with “Hello, what a pleasant day it is.” It was freaky how much these red haired girls looked alike. “Those are the Kollens. Make sure to stay well away from them,” Leah whispered carefully making sure the women had gone back to their books.

“Why? Are they dangerous?” I asked with a bit of panic showing on my face. “No, not really. They are just realllllllllllllllllllly annoying,” stated Leah. “And freaky. Do they do everything in unison?” I leaned forward, waiting for an answer to my question. “Yeah, pretty much. They are quadruplets, so they are all related,” she answered.

I looked around at the men walking around the room. They were all pretty ordinary, except one. He had beautiful, brown hair that spiked up into every direction. His tanned skin contrasted well with his white shirt decorated with trees. His dark wash jeans wrinkled with every step. I couldn't help but notice that I was staring. I quickly looked away. When I looked back he was heading right for us. Oh no, did he notice me? I looked at Leah who was smiling like a cheshire cat. “BRADLEY!” she yelled, running for the cute guy I had just been staring at. “Shhh,” hushed the four girls at the exact same time. They creeped me out doing everything in unison, so I decided to focus on Leah.

She was hugging the guy, almost choking him to death. He coughed softly and she let go. “I heard you galloped into a tree yesterday. Is that true?” She teased, still smiling from ear to ear. “Who told you?” He asked in a frustrated and curious tone. “Oh, it’s everywhere, everyone knows about it. Even her ma-” I interrupted her by coughing slightly and looking at her expectantly. “I mean even Alexa knows,” she continued obviously understanding what I was telling her.

“An honour to meet you, your majesty,” exclaimed the man Leah had called Bradley. He put out his tanned, long fingered hand. I reached out, a little scared about what he was going to do. He just bowed down and gave it a small peck. I hoped he couldn’t see how much I was blushing. I was determined to change the subject before my face was a complete tomato. “Oh please, just call me Alexa,” I quickly stammered slightly relieved, slightly disappointed when he realised my hand. “I am Bradley and I see you have already met Leah,” he started. “It will be an honour having you stay here with us,” he continued eyes sparkling with joy.

“Wait, Wait, Wait,” I interrupted shaking my hands furiously. “First of all where the hell am I? What’s with the tree house theme? Is it true you can turn yourself into a firey bird? And did you really come to my rescue? And what the hell did that mad man want with me?” I blurted it all out in a mess. His face turned from a small smile into a confused expression. He placed his warm hands on my arms, effectively shushing me. “Calm down. I will answer all your questions as soon as possible. But firstly maybe we should move to my office,” he replied in a relaxing tone. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. Bradley let go of me and started to walk towards the door. I followed closely behind him. Behind me Leah walked quickly trying to catch up with us. I was glad she was coming. At least there would be friendly and kind of familiar face there.