Chapter 8-Escaping and Introductions

Chapter 8-Escaping and Introducing

“Hi Bradley,” I took in the scene. Bradley was standing there with fists covered in blood. Below him lay 3 men, unconscious. “What are you doing here?” I asked shocked to see him standing before me. But he didn’t answer. Instead he threw a punch at Eli.

Eli stumbled back. “What the fuck was that for?” I whisper yelled at Bradley. “What do you think. He is the enemy.” He pointed out confusion written all over his face. Then it clicked. Bradley had never met Eli. Just as Eli was going to kick Bradley, I grabbed his foot and twisted it slightly. Enough that he would hit the floor, but not so that he would break his leg.

“Shit!” He proclaimed. “Eli meet Bradley. Bradley meet Eli. Bradley has saved me earlier and showed me around the palace and is my friend. Eli is one of my friends from my gang, the Eagles.” I explained turning between the two. “So now that introductions have been settled can we get out of here?” I asked in an annoyed voice.

“The palace?”

“A gang?”

They both questioned at the same time.

“Far out! I will elaborate later but at the moment I would like to escape with my life.” I stated which seemed to get their attention. They nodded their heads in understanding and stood on either side of me. Bradley on my right and Eli on my left.

I pulled my gun out of my belt, which was followed by Bradley giving one to Eli and each of them holding the gun beside them. We were all ready to shoot. It’s not that I liked to kill people. Trust me, where I could I would avoid it. But I knew that in this situation it was us or them and frankly when the odds are like that I’d like to live.

We turned a corner which is where Eli told us to wait. “I will go and pretend that I don’t feel well. When they turn their backs I will deal with them. But I want you guys to be ready just in case. If you have to, leave without me.” He stated.

“We won’t have to leave you. You always do great,” I assured him. He gave me a half smile and headed off. Bradley and I peered around the corner to see the 5 men with their backs to us. He can’t handle that many people. Turns out that Bradley was thinking the same thing.

He pushed me slightly and we got our guns ready. I walked up slowly followed by Bradley. I shot the 2 men closest to the left while Bradley got the 2 on the right. The man in the middle turned around with a shocked expression. He held out his gun and pressed the trigger. I felt a warm substance fill my stomach and I groaned before falling onto the floor.

I heard people screaming. My vision started to blur. I saw another man fall to the floor and hoped that it was the last guard. I felt eyes watching me, other than that I felt nothing except for a pair of strong arms wrapping around my back and legs. I felt the myself being pulled away from the floor but at that moment I black out.

I awoke to see the inside of a car and Bradley’s face. “She is slipping in and out of concussion,” he shouted to someone. I felt a bump in the road before we stopped. I heard a door open and close from the driver’s seat before everything faded into darkness again.

I heard screaming all around me. The sound of machines beeping pierced my ears. I attempted to open my eyes but failed. I moved my arm to feel some cushioning below me. As I did so my stomach stung so much I felt like I was being stabbed continuously. I started to drift off again. I tried so hard not too but I couldn’t refuse the sleep any longer.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. I awoke to this torturous noise. I tried lifting my eyelids but I only got them half way before they shut again. I moved my fingers to see if I was still alive. I succeed only for the sound of screaming to fill my ears.