Chapter 1-Rescuing birds and talking turtles

I stood, still watching in fear. A 30 year old, mad man was electrocuting his own finger. His fuzzy, orange hair gathered more dust than my vacuum cleaner. His brown eyes felt like they were popping out at me. They weren’t puppy brown more like dead grass brown. His teeth were stained with a dark yellow colour and the rest were as black as coal. He had already lost 3 fingers, and now he was burning a fourth. I looked at him like a calm, gentle horse might look at a vicious, mountain lion. I started to walk backwards, very slowly. He turned around and laughed. His cackle of a laugh was almost more terrifying than what he did next!

Reaching backwards towards the desk he pulled out a feather duster and held it like a full on weapon. If he were holding a sharp blade of some sort I might of actually screamed and ran for my life. But all I could do now was stare in wonder, what was going through his whack balloon, that sat on top of his neck? The place where normal people had a head. He walked 3 paces towards me, and I stepped 4 paces away from him. He smiled like he was about to do something horrible and he was.

He turned towards the disgusting, decaying chickens. There was about 10 of them laying in the corner of the room, surrounded by a brown fence. I don’t know what was the point of the fence. The chickens had obviously been there lying there for a while. It wasn’t like they were going to jump out and start dancing the chicken dance. I stopped thinking and looked back at the man. With his charcoal black, left hand, he picked one up and shoved it into my face. I staggered around 10 steps back immediately. Then I heard the “click clack” of a locking door. A man with a hunched back had locked the doors behind and was approaching the madman. I was too shocked and frightened to speak. I decided that he must be the apprentice of the mad scientist.

The ‘apprentice’ took hold of the feather duster and dipped the pointy end into the dead chicken. He then drew 2 connecting circles on the other mans arm. The man then dropped the chicken and drew the same thing on the ‘apprentices’ arm. They looked at me and grinned. They then started to walk towards me! I wondered if I was ever more scared in my life.

Out of nowhere a flaming red eagle swooped down from the algae covered window that was above the dead chickens. It spread its flaming wings in front of me. Just the wind it created while doing this action tossed me onto my back. I hit my head on a minute, blunt stone, then everything went black.

I felt something in my right hand. I tried to open my eyes to see what it was, but my body wouldn’t allow it. I couldn’t even lift my head. I tried to scream, but just opening my mouth was challenge. Even when I did open my mouth it shut right back. It was like a book under 50 massive 10 ton trucks, every little movement was a struggle. Eventually I could manage to open my weak, heavy eyelids to reveal a very confusing setting.

I was no longer in the madman's den. I was now in some sort of tree house. In my hand I had a small, grey rock. It was the one that I picked up to throw at the madman before the flaming eagle appeared. I hardly had a second to think about it before I saw someone in front of me. Wait, not someone...something thing. I looked closer to what was in front of me. There, stood a bright green turtle. He was stroking his long, silky, white beard, when I first awoke. When he first saw me rising he jumped so high I thought he would reach the moon.  Hahaha I guess that they would have to rewrite the  song from the cow jumped over the moon, to, the turtle jumped over the moon. “A pleasure to meet you, your majesty,” he whispered as he bowed down in front of me.,

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed as I dodged past him running towards the door. All my tiredness had vanished, like all the trucks had driven off. I went to jump to the nearest vine, when I looked down. It certainly was a big drop if I fell. I could hardly see the floor from the tree house. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, your majesty,” shouted the turtle, still trying to get off his wooden, rocking chair near the soft bed. As I reached out to grab a thick, dark green vine, something caught my attention. The madman and his ‘apprentice’ were in the tree house across this one, staring at me with the most evil eyes I had ever seen. There treehouse wasn’t like the one I awoke in. Thiers was rotting and as black as darkness, whereas mine was a bright green colour like the grass in spring. Mine was also very warm and relaxing. Theirs’ just looked like a cell in the trees. Suddenly I saw a purple smoke spreading in front of me. Then, BAM, and all I saw was darkness.