Chapter 10-A not-so-friendly bump into

"Is that...? Now correct me if I'm wrong but is that an ocean?" I asked both stunned and amazed. I turned to look behind me to see the beach. The cabin was gone. 

"Yes, it is. Now I understand this is a little bit...different, but we have to get moving. Word has spread of your arrival in Tropia and unfortunately in Dreake so the Dreakens are keen to get a sword through your heart before you put one through theirs." Bradley stated, acting as if all of this was natural.

"Different? Different? We just went from being in a dirty cabin to a bloody beach, so forgive me if I am a bit out there." Eli shouted at Bradley. He was absolutely shell shocked. Worse than me even but then I had already seen a flaming bird that turns out to be a human, half explained about the situation and possibly a talking turtle. 

"I know, I know. I understand you must be feeling a bit weird but trust me it will go away although a dagger through your eye won't." Bradley exclaimed while waving his hands around obviously frustrated. "So please, follow me to the palace where I will explain the situation you are in." He continued now looking at me.

"Eli get your walking shoes on because we are going with Bradley," I commanded. "I mean even if he is setting a trap, which he isn't, we would die here anyway. We have no idea where we are or how to get or what's going on. Our only hope is Bradley and I trust him," I told Eli.

He grumbled something under his breath about me being a bossy boots or some shit. "Where to?" he grumbled obviously not happy with the idea but knowing that I am right. A wide smile appeared on my face as I was delighted to have my second hand man on board. 

"That way," Bradley said as he pointed towards a castle that was in the distance. I blew out a low breath through my teeth as did Eli.

"Well let's get going. It looks about a 2 day hike but with my injuries it might take 3." I guessed looking around at the terrain. 

"Accurate estimate," Bradley complemented. I flashed him with a smile before getting ready for the exhausting hike ahead. We would have to walk up a massive mountain like trek before reaching the fields where we would still have to walk a while, from what it looks like, till we reached the castle thingy. 

"She's one of the best," Eli added smiling broadly at me. 

"We should get going. It'll be dark soon and I don't feel like being eaten by wolves." I stated looking at the sky. 

"How do you know there are wolves here? I have never taken you here nor told you," asked Bradley. I pointed down to the ground in front of us. There lay 5 sets of wolf prints running into the woods. "So I am guessing you know how to track," Bradley said once he'd seen the prints. I simply nodded and started towards the gap in the forest I saw earlier.

I heard footsteps following me and immediately guessed that I was going in the right direction. We walked through the forest, dodging low branches. About 5 minutes in we came to a massive spider web which hung from 2 trees. I bent down, picked up a stick and was about to demolish the web with the branch when something pulled the branch out of my hands quite roughly. 

"DON"T DO THAT!" Bradley yelled. "Sorry. It's just, this land is different. We don't kill animals or their homes and that includes spiders, ants, cockroaches you name it." Bradley explained to both me and Eli. I eyed him like he was crazy. I mean, really. "What?" Bradley asked realizing I am staring at him. But before I had the chance to talk, someone else did.  

"Hello Bradley," said a sweet, charming voice. I turned around to see the biggest spider I have ever seen, except in Harry Potter. It was about the size of 2 A4 pages put together. Although, I didn't see anyone who could have talked. "I almost expected your company to be scared of me. Guess she is brave," stated the voice. I looked around for the owner but found no one except Bradley and Eli.