Chapter 15

Heather's P.O.V

On a last minute notice, I left for a Spirit Halloween store to buy a Halloween costume. Yes, I was going to dress up and go trick-or-treating. A person could never be too old for trick-or-treating. Never. I walked through the store, looking at the costumes on the racks. There was nothing that I liked, but then a certain costume caught my eye.

It was a rather elegant Sorceress costume, and I simply fell in love with it. It was amazing and I think it would look fabulous on me. This gorgeous shimmering purple Sorceress dress, short in front and long in back, has a jagged hem with sheer black netting overlay.

The matching witch’s hat is also made from the deep purple material and has a wide silver black band with silver buckle around the base of the hat. Grabbing my size, I took the costume and looked through the rest of the store for accessories. I settled with a star necklace with an eyeball medallion in the center and an eyeball hand accessory that fit in the palm of my hand.

( http://sorceresscostume.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Sorceress-Adult-Costume-Lg.png )

The costume came with fish net leggings and I had a pair of black high heels at home that I could wear. I had a few, actually, that I could choose from. Tonight, I would look absolutely amazing. I wondered if everyone else would dress up. I know Jake was going to do some sort of skeletal makeup, as was Jinxx. As for everyone else, I wasn't sure.

I was just excited that they said we'd be going trick-or-treating. According to Johnny, it was all for my birthday. For that, I was thankful that I was born on Halloween. Sometimes, I wished I was born on Christmas. That meant double the gifts. Just kidding, but that would be cool though. Halloween is good enough for me. It's my favorite holiday.

Walking to the cash register, I made my purchase and exited the store, finding my car and making my way home. It was already late and I didn't have much time to waste in order to get ready. As soon as I got home, I threw my costume on and did my makeup, making my eyes smokey and applying purple lipstick that I just so happened to have.

I slipped my feet into a pair of black high heels and straightened the hat on top of my head. I had curled my hair and brushed it through to make it wavy, giving me a nice appearance. When I heard my doorbell ring, I knew that one of the boys from Get Scared or Vampires Everywhere had come to pick me up.

Opening the door, I saw that it was Philip Kross from Vampires Everywhere. Smiling, I took his arm as he offered it and walked to his car.

"We're meeting up with everyone at Jake's neighborhood. The houses there are really close together, and the neighborhood is huge," Philip said as we climbed into the car.

I nodded, putting my seat belt on. "That sounds good to me."

Philip smiled. "You look super hot by the way. J's got good taste."

I laughed and hit his arm. "Oh, you be quiet."

He chuckled as well. "Never! But seriously. You two should go out. You can't be flirting with each without liking each other. So, you may as well date."

With a blush creeping up on my face, I smiled. "He hasn't asked."

"Do it yourself?" Philip suggested as he drove.

I bit my lip. "For one thing, I'm a chicken. For another thing, you know how it is with Andy and I. I love J and all, but there's still Andy."

Philip sighed. "Look, Heather. I'm not going to tell you what's wrong and right because honestly, I don't know. But all I can say is that he hurt you, and maybe it's time to move on. Give someone else a chance. There are millions of guys in this world that would tear each other's throats out to date you."