Introductions.

I woke up feeling tired and distressed, and the bags under my eyes showed it. I stubmled towards my mirror looking like a zombie. I searched blindly for my hair brush, not lazy enough to open my eyes yet. My hands closed around my black brush and I quickly combed through it, making it less ... poofy. I threw on the nearest clothes, which happened to be my denim shorts, and black vest top. I grabbed a jacket and zipped it uo before making my way down stairs. Elena was already up and we met in the kitchen. She too had black bags under her eyes, and the way she shuffled around made me giggle. She threw me a death glare.

"You ready?" I asked, she simply nodded in return and we walked to school. Today we didn't meet up with Bonnie or Caroline, I thought it would be best to get some fresh air and "Bond" With my sister. How wrong was I ...

"STOP TELLING ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T DO EBONY!" Elena screeched five minutes after we left the house. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I can if it would stop you from verbally destroying peoples lives Elena!" I threw back, my hands clenched up tight. By now we had stopped in the school parking lot, and gained a lot of attention.

"Yeah? Well I'm doing whats best for Jeremy! And If you really were my sister you would do the same!" She sceeched in my face. I was shocked, sure we had out arguments before but never, had she said anything as hurtful as that. Tears blurred my eyes and I gave Elena a right good slap before I stormed off. Once out of view I ran, and kept on running. I didn't know where I was going nor did I care. I just wanted to get away from this.

I slowed down to a stop and collapsed onto my knee's, and for the first time since my parents death, I let the tears just flow out. I wasn't exactly a person who sobbed everytime somethig bad happened. 

I leaned against a near by tree and fumbled for my diary in my bag. I ended up tipping its contents out when I couldn't find it. I left the majortiy of the stuff on the ground and picked up my diary and began writing furiously, as if it was the last thing in the earth I was going to do.

Dear Diary, 

I haven't written in you for the past week because I foolishly believed things would get better. It was the complete opposite. I feel like my life has been practially destroyed. My little brother wont talk to anyone, my sister hates me and now ... I'm starting to hate my self. It's like i'm cursed ... Every where I go bad things happen. I only wish things could go back to the way they were, before all the fighting and the attacks began. Once again my view on life has changed. Life is just something we are forced to endure, you may not like it but thats what makes it bad. We've all made mistakes in the past we wished we could forgot  ... but sadly. I can't ...

Ebony Gilbert.

I put the diary away and also put in the things I had tipped out back into the bag and sat there waiting. Perhaps I could put my music on ... I thought to my self, and digged out my ipod. I turned it on and ran through the selection of songs. I stopped when I came across my personal favourite, Crush crush crush by Paramore. I knew I was alone, only three other people knew this area of the forest and they were too busy at school. I was actually rather shy at times. I double checked and made sure there was no one in sight and played the song, singing along to the lyrics I knew well.

"I got a lot to say to you

Yeah I got a lot to say

I noticed your eyes are always glued to me

keeping them there

It makes no sense at all