Part 5: Salvation (8)

Published on site: November 5, 2011

Author's note: And THIS is where I try give hindsight on Kyo's illness without sounding like a long, boring essay. It's pretty complex, and I kept it vague, so you might wanna google it if you're really curious to know. Of course, I can't say he's exactly like every person that's ever had it, and there's probably some stuff about him that's inaccurate, but I've done my best, and it's all for the sake of creating an interesting character that isn't a stereotypical misconception. Know what I mean? owo

-

     Have you ever decided on something that your relatives were against? Were they against it because they were concerned about your well being, or it didn’t fit their standards of approval? Believe it or not, most of the time it’s the former, even if doesn’t seem like it. You can get upset, say you hate them, then proceed to stomp into your room all you want, but that’s not the best nor the most mature way of solving the problem.

     It might look like they’re not listening to what you say, but that’s because you’re not bothering to listen to them. You have to take both sides into consideration, and you must accept the fact that maybe they are right, maybe this decision was a mistake. Of course, you could be completely right also, but you still have to think it through first.

Chapter 48

Will You Catch Him When He Comes Crashing Down?

     I’m sure you’re a bit peeved that I haven’t been broadcasting as often as I used to, but it’s not like their lives are involved in anything adventurous that would take place on a nearly daily basis like in the past. It’s been almost a year since I picked up from my last hiatus after all, but that period of time has been quite special for our two main protagonists. They’ve managed to bond in a way that was never possible during their beginning journey, though they were only doing some things that all couples do. The rest was spending time together as companions like nothing had changed, but I believe this is a positive aspect of their relationship.

     Then came a day when the idea of fusing these two sides of their relationship could possibly alter everything. It was another one of those days where they were in bed together, a common tradition at this point, but neither of them could sleep because they had something on their mind. They knew that the other was still wide awake, which didn’t help much.

     In the end, it was Shinta that broke the unbearable silence. “Say, we’ve been doing this for a while now, huh?”

     “Doing what?” Kyo asked, turning on his side to face Shinta.

     “Ya know, this whole relationship thing,” Shinta answered, lazily pushing his messy hair over his head.

     “We have known each other far longer than this. Is there a problem?”

     Shinta quickly shook his head. “No, no. I’ve just been wondering if you’re cool with it always being like this.”

     “You make it sound like you’re afraid I’ll leave you,” Kyo joked with a light chuckle.

     “That’s not what I meant!” Shinta stated seriously as he shook his head once more, but much more frantically. “Ugh, I should just get straight to the point.”

     Shinta bent over from the bed to pick up his leather jacket, rummaged through its pockets, and pulled out a small, rounded black box. He averted his gaze as he opened up the box in front of Kyo, revealing a very unusual ring. It wasn’t made of gold or cubic zirconium like most couples would purchase, but instead the ring was silver with a piece of amethyst carved into a pansy. The carving was very accurate, like a miniature lily had actually been crystallized onto the ring, and it shined admirably under the pale moonlight.