Part 1: Requiem (9)

Published on site: March 25, 2011

Author's note: Consider this a breather before we get there. owo

-

     We now reach the end of our goal of this story. However, will it really finish off the way we want it to, or will something unexpected occur? Anything is possible, considering how unpredictable life can be. We might ride down its roads, but not without a few bumps and casualties along the way.

     I suppose we have no other choice than to wait and see what happens.

Chapter 9

What Happens in Vegas, Sticks to You like an STD

     As you might have guessed, our group has arrived at Las Vegas. Ah, what a wonderful city. You would hardly believe it was in ruins nearly a hundred years ago. What with its bright, flashing neon lights, hovercars speeding through like they’re on a race track, and men walking out with a woman at each arm. It was a hopeful, lucky city, where the impossible was possible. You could gamble and win a whole new rich and fabulous life, but at the same time you could hit rock bottom and go home empty handed. The best setting for a climax, yes?

     Lily was ecstatic to be there, twirling around with her arms out as she laughed like an eager little girl. Kyo’s head moved quickly about as his eyes wandered, trying to absorb his surroundings. On the other hand, Shinta was busy pulling his hovercycle out of the van by himself.

     “Oh come on! We can go sightseeing later,” Shinta complained, noticing how the other two were acting, “There’s an instant repair shop across the street, and the first thing I wanna do is get Lucy fixed.”

     Lily ceased spinning and glared at Shinta. “Fine, fine,” she grumbled, then looked over at Kyo with a softer expression, “So… you know where you’re going, right?”

     Kyo shook his head. “Sadly no. I don’t have their number on my cell phone, so I can’t locate their house. I planned on asking around instead.”

     Lily sighed and walked over to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder as she grinned slyly. “Man, you are so lucky you have someone like me that has connections. You see, that guy I told ya I knew here knows everything about everyone in this city. It’s part of his job and shit. So I betcha I can get you a discount to their address.”

     “Really?”

     “Oi! Hurry it up!” Shinta shouted, already on the other side of the street.

     Lily took her arm off Kyo, and they both jogged across the road.

<INTERMISSION>

     Not too long later, Lucy emerged from the conveyer belt, all polished up to look good as new. The vehicle’s engine was also fixed, replaced with an updated version that had a titanium film over its vital parts. Now it was Shinta’s turn to be elated, running over to it with tears in his eyes. It’s a much more amusing sight if you imagine it in slow motion.

     “My Lucy!” Shinta cried, pulling it into an embrace. He petted the seat affectionately and smiled from ear to ear, and Kyo seemed just as happy to see that he was no longer so distraught. No man should ever be parted with the one he loves most for so long!

     Lily, on the other hand, was not amused. “I don’t get what’s up with you and that thing.”

     “Well I don’t get why you act like a whore, so we’re even,” Shinta replied, causing Lily to huff and cross her arms to hold back her temper in the store.