Part 5: Salvation (6)

Published on site: October 26, 2011

Author's note: And this is the chapter where you learn everything you ever wanted to learn about Shinta ever. owo

-

     How well do you think you know a close friend? There are people that freely speak of their past experiences, and those that prefer to keep it a secret for whatever reason. They can be very good at hiding it as well, so for all you know, your closet companion could be suffering from an inner conflict of a tragic incident that occurred at one point in their life. You never know until you ask, but what if they refuse to tell? It would be rude to insist, wouldn’t it? Yet I’m sure you don’t want to leave it be, lest it result in some dire consequence.

     Sometimes it’s best to give it time, allow them to open slowly, like pulling a blade out of your torso. It will be painful, but if you show your support and help them heal, then maybe they can find hope in a future that is meant to be bright along side you.

Chapter 46

The Curse of Lexis Xanus

     Kyo and Shinta were at the point in their relationship where they shared the same bed at night, though tonight, neither of them felt like sleeping. They both stared up at the dark ceiling of Kyo’s room, wondering what they could do that would pass the time until they naturally drifted into a deep slumber. Shinta glanced at the blue ribbon on the counter, the only thing that kept back his wild, mane-like hair, then slid his hand from under the covers to overlap it with Kyo’s.

     Kyo gently grasped the lonely hand and looked over to Shinta, his eyes shimmering with light in the pitch darkness. “Is there something on your mind?”

     “Today’s not a good day for me, that’s all,” Shinta answered, but his voice sounded detached.

     Now Kyo was concerned, frowning a bit. “Why? Did something occur before you came here?”

     Shinta bit his lower lip, nearly choking on his words as he replied, “Y-Yeah, more like I remembered what made this date so important.”

     “How so?”

     “It’s… fuck. Do I really have to explain?” Shinta asked, shifting to face Kyo with a rare, desperate look in his eyes.

     Kyo froze, unsure of how to react, but then his expression melted into a kind smile. “You don’t have to, but I am curious. You know so much about me, yet I know so little about you.”

     Shinta tried to play it off with a cocky smirk. “What? Doesn’t me being mysterious and all make me attractive?”

     “To a certain extent, but what is the point of it now that I have you?”

     Shinta sighed in defeat and rolled on his back. “Fine, it’s only fair that I tell you a few things I never told anyone. I know you won’t be a dick about it or anything, and the last thing you’ll give me is shitty pity. Is… it cool if I start from the very beginning? I’ll just lose track if I skip around.”

     Kyo bobbed his head. “Certainly.”

     “Alright, I know this is gonna suck, but I gotta start with my earliest memory…”

<LOADING brainjack.exe… 100%>

<PASSWORD: *******>

<PASSWORD ACCEPTED>

<ACCESSING… ACCESSING… COMPLETE>

<Press ENTER to begin>

     I already told you about the bitch that ditched me when I was about two years old, but I don’t think I mentioned it being the farthest back I can remember. I think maybe it was because it was a big event in my life, ‘traumatic’ as those quacks like to call it. I might not have been smart enough back then to understand what was going on exactly, but I knew it had to be bad if the bitch was all teary eyed about it.