Chapter Thirty One: The Power to Save the Ones You Love

Hi guys!

I can't believe I am able to update and just now!!! I am seriously going to have to manage my time wisely to be able to finish this work. Don't worry everyone. Just a little more and you'll all reach the last chapter! Thanks for all your continued support on my Tales of an Adventure series. I am not good with other pairings aside from NaLu but I am going to try my best if you all are up to it. Stay tuned!

Chapter dedicated to Asuna_Yuuki13

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

"You....may fall to the same fate as I did", Layla said.

"You mean....I will....:, Lucy uttered.

"Lucy, you don't have to go through this", Layla hugged her.

"Mom, while we're talking here, Natsu and the others could be dying out there. It's not only me who is at risk here", Lucy moved away a little to look at her mother with a smile.

"Lucy...."

"You know Mom, I finally found a home where I can be who I want to be. I have a family as warm as I once had and enjoy every day I have with the people I love", Lucy held her right hand and traced her insignia with a smile. "Fairy Tail, has given me a home more than I can possibly hope for"

Lucy felt the same pain once more and she can't help but feel vulnerable.

"Mom, I will think of what will happen after I do what I have to do. Even if the risk is too high I will do it. As a Fairy Tail wizard, I can't give up", She stood once again. "Besides, whether I do it or not, I may die as well and everyone outside who are doing their best to stop it. It's me or everyone"

"My child..."

"I will just choose a better death then", Lucy smiled again. "Please guide me, Mom!"

Layla nodded and turned serious.

"Then, you must start by feeling your power leaving your body right now. The machine is negating your magic as we're talking. You can return to your senses once you have full control of your energy. Once you do that I will disappear but until then I will tell you everything you have to know. If you can feel your energy and reel it back in...."

"I get it!", Lucy concentrated and her body started to glow brighter.

____________________________________________________________

"LUCY!!!!!!", Natsu managed to land an attack to Master Ender. He was flown away for a good twenty meters. "Hang in there alright?! I'll be right there! Don't you dare die on me!", Natsu growled as he dodged Master Ender's attack.

"Natsu......", Master Makarov can't move anymore. The last attack made a terrible damage on him.

"How can you still have this much power when you're this close to the machine", master ender wiped the blood off his mouth.

"Lucy...she's fighting too!", Natsu attacked him once more. "Don't you underestimate my friend who is trying hard to save her friends!", he unleashed his dragon secret art.

The machine glowed brightly in front of Natsu.

"Looks like your speech is of no use here, boy. It's already too late for you foolish wizards! Everyone will die now that the machine has gathered all the energy it needs to wipe everyone out. Once it fires, you won't even have the opportunity to see that girl's body fading into nothingness!", Master Ender laughed.