Chapter Twenty Eight: Stronghold

Alright do here's the newest chapter for this book. I hope all of you will enjoy this chapter!

Dedicated to FairyArsenalLover

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

"Master", Natsu said.

"Take cover, Natsu!", Master Makarov alerted him.

Natsu, having dragon instincts, sensed what is about to happen. He leaped out of the way as Master Ender unleashed something.

"What the heck!", Natsu uttered as he regained his balance with Lucy in his arms.

"He's using the same magic as Purehito but on a much higher level", Master Makarov defeated one of his shadow minions.

"But....if this keeps up, we'll be exhausted without even having to fight him", Natsu jumped on a farther edge of the room. He's having too much trouble dodging attacks with Lucy in his arms.

"Those aren't normal shadows, Natsu.Avoid getting in contact with those no matter what!", Master Makarov was pinned to the walls.

"Master!", Natsu ran over to him.

"Don't come near!", Master Makarov unleashed his magic and the shadows were penetrated within a second.

"We can't continue like this", Natsu went over to what looks like the safest place in the room. Something moved behind him. Natsu was alarmed and tried to leap away.

"Natsu don't let go of her! Be careful!", Master Makarov warned. Master Ender signalled something and at the same time, a shadow rope enveloped Lucy and separated them both.

"Lucy!", Natsu tried reaching over to her but the shadows are overwhelming them.

"Haha. Looks like this is our win", Master Ender laughed wickedly. Lucy ended up in his arms.

"Don't you dare kill her!", Natsu was engulfed in his flame. The shadows can't even get near him.

"Who says something about killing her? I have a better purpose for her", Master Ender made Lucy float and she was taken to a machine behind him. Straps took Lucy as she was pinned to it.

"What...is that?", Master Makarov mumbled beside Natsu.

"This? You'll see what it is", Master Ender smirked and showed something that made Natsu and Master Makarov widen their eyes with shock.

____________________________________________________________

"Dad...I can still", Cana mumbled.

"Stay back, Cana", Gildarts warned her again.

"I will kill you to bits!", Sheol continued to attack Gildarts with everything she has.

"This is getting hard. Even for me, I'm almost....", Gildarts is getting exhausted. His wounds are still not healed and it was reacting badly. When he jumped, he saw his daughter looking at him with awe and hope.

"You're mine!", Sheol held a part of Gildarts and he wasn't able to dodge.

"DAD!!!!", Cana's voice echoed in the whole floor.

____________________________________________________________

"Minerva-sama, are you okay?", Yukino asked.

"Yeah. Finally, I got her", Minerva was standing over Corda's body. She won the battle of a terrestrial fight. "Looks like they're about to finish, too"

True enough, the three masters showed themselves tired from all the fighting they did. Master Goldmine is holding Master Bob while Sarina and Jura are helping Ooba stand.

"So many injured", Arthur said when they're united. Elizabeth is with him.

"I'll say", Tidus still has Minora at his back. They just finished the fight they had.

"She looks bad", Minerva was referring to Erza who's with Jellal barely conscious.

"I had worse", Erza smiled and looked at Jellal. Jellal just smiled back.

____________________________________________________________

"Die!!!!", Sheol was able to take a hold of his leg. She applied too much force of her magic that it melted like water in an instant.

She was about to take hold of his neck when Gildarts held her hands with his left arm. "What the...", Gildarts glared at her and unleashed his magic to the fullest.

"You think I will just be taken down with that?", Gildarts angrily said.

"How can that be....you shouldn't be able to.....AHHH!!!", Sheol was sent flying away with everything inside the room crumbling to pieces. She fell to the floor unconscious and barely breathing.

"I lost my left leg and arm before I got reunited with my precious daughter", Gildarts looked at the corroding wooden leg and arm he just replaced with wood and some metal. "I can't afford to lose and die here without even having to spoil her as much as a father would do", Gildarts breathed heavily as he slumped to the ground.

"Dad!", Cana ran over to his side as tears stream down her face.

"Hey, Cana, why don't you give me a huge hug as a reward, huh?", Gildarts still try to tease her even when he's already too tired to speak.

"Idiotic, father. I was so scared!", Cana scolded him like a kid.

"Well, sorry about that, but don't worry, this one is a tough coo...", Gildarts wasn't able to finish his sentence when he felt Cana's arms around him.

"I'll never forgive you if you die so easily!", Cana cried.

"Yes ma'am", Gildarts smiled.

____________________________________________________________

"Has anyone seen where Natsu and Grandpa are?", Laxus asked.

"Start talking!", Mirajane shoved her last opponent on the ground for interrogations.

"Even if I did you won't be able to stop Master Ender", he said.

"I told you to talk!", Mirajane is really into torturing him right now.

"Probably on his room. Your comrades might be dead as we speak", the man smirked. "It's already sundown, that woman is already....", Mirajane doesn't want to hear any more of what he's about to say. The said man was unconscious in an instant.

"Is everyone alright?"

"Gildarts!", they all shouted out.

"What happened to you?", the Raijinshuu was surprised to see him in such a state.

Freed and Bixlow went over to take him from Cana.

"Bacchus is still in there. I can't carry him with me", Cana pointed to him and the latter waved.

Orga and Laxus went over to help him out.

"Those who can still go on, please help Natsu and the sixth", Gildarts said.

"We can go", Tidus, Jellal, Laxus and Jura all said in unison.

"The rest should just stay here. You all have too much wounds", Jura stated. The others nodded.

"We'll go after we regained our breaths", Mirajane said.

The ground shook when they're about to make their move.