Chapter Seventeen: Too Close Yet Too Far

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“Where could we be?”, Sting stepped on something. The light flickered and revealed what the room looks like.

They saw the container in front of them as well as what’s inside. Their eyes widened in surprise.

“Lucy”

____________________________________________________________

“Minora, are you alright?”, Elizabeth asked.

“Elizabeth-sama?”, Minora  stood up and looked over her surroundings. “What happened? Where’s everyone?”, she asked when she saw that they’re in a pathway.

“I don’t know. When I opened my eyes you and I are the only ones here”, Elizabeth said.

“This is bad. We’re separated”, Minora tried opening the portal once more. Crucis didn’t respond in opening the portal but it did expanded. “No way! Crucis?!”

“It’s okay, Minora, we should just try looking for the others”, Elizabeth said.

“But, I can’t have you in danger Milady. Lord Arthur will kill me”, Minora said.

“It’s alright, I can use magic as well”, Elizabeth insisted.

“But.....”, Minora held her hand. “Alright, don’t leave my side Milady. No matter what, don’t use your magic unless absolutely necessary alright?”, Minora gripped it tighter.

“I promise”, Elizabeth said.

“There they are!”, some wizards saw them.

“Get them!”, the shouted out.

“Milady, let’s run!”, Minora took Elizabeth and ran.

“Grip Hook!”, a wizard threw a steel clamp and aimed towards Elizabeth.

“Crucis!”, Minora threw Crucis and it collided with the weapon. Crucis returned to Minora’s hand when it stopped the clamp from going further. They turned left and continued to run.

____________________________________________________________

“Where are we?”, Sarina asked. They were standing inside a room full of books.

“Must be a library”, Yukino replied.

“Hmmmm”, a woman’s voice echoed.

“Who goes there?”, both women readied themselves.

“Want to play?”, a girl appeared at the top of the staircase holding a large book.

“A girl?”, Yukino asked.

“Don’t call me that, I’m a lady!”, the girl smirked. “Call me Chi”

“Don’t let your guard down. She may look young but I can tell she has a lot of magic”, Sarina said. She threw a dagger towards Chi. A book shielded her.

“Didn’t you know that you shouldn’t destroy such artefacts?”, Chi seriously looked at her.

“You’re the one who used it as a shield”, Sarina taunted.

“Fair enough. Now, let’s have fun”, Chi leaped and landed in front of them. “I’ll show you how cruel history can be”, she lifted a history book and showed it to them.

“Yukino-san, right?”, Sarina asked.

“Yes”, Yukino nodded.

“Let’s have a great time fighting together. Please watch my back”, Sarina said and summoned her spear.