Chapter Nine

Dakota did not have a great day. He could remember the details now...fresh in his mind.

He exhaled shakily and slammed his locker shut, only to come face to face with Lilith. The diva-like girl. She was alone, and that was good. But why was she here? And what did she want?

"Dakota, I just wanted to ask you...how are you adjusting to this school?" She asked, twirling a strand of her hair. Dakota wanted to say 'what do you have to do with my life?' But he knew better. He didn't want a female dragon enemy breathing down his neck.

"I'm fine, I guess. Why?" He asked. Lilith just shrugged and he could have sworn he saw her eyes soften. But they toughened up once the bell rang.

"See you around..." She muttered.

The last thing Dakota needed was more weirdness in his days...
* * *

Dakota snapped out of his thoughts as he realised that he needed to take Amy out for dinner. Quickly becoming nervous, he went into his room hoping to find what he was looking for. Where he was planning to take Amy was far too luxurious for just jeans and a jacket.

He opened his cupboard and pulled out a heavy chest from underneath all the clothes. He pushed it open and took out a tuxedo outfit. He almost geared up a bit because it wasn't his. The chest was clean from the inside; Dakota took care not to ruin the only remains of his father.

It was the tuxedo his father wore at his graduation. Dakota remembered the day when his father told him all about it. Smiling people waiting to begin their lives as full fledged members of society...

He tucked the chest back in and changed into it. Luckily, it still fitted him perfectly although he wondered if it was too tight... The aroma of the dusty chest travelled into his nostrils. He needed a hell lot more than deodorant to mask this stench.

He reached out for his musk and sprayed it over him. He looked at himself in the mirror...but he didn't see his reflection. He saw his father looking at him with those kind eyes.

Grabbing his apartment keys on the way, he walked out the door. He wished he was more rich....he needed a car. He swore he'd work his way to the top again.

He took out his old phone and looked at the screen. Any had texted him his address. She told his that she got his phone number from the school directory after he suspiciously questioned her.

'What would father think of me now?' Dakota asked. His heart slammed into his chest. The thought of his parents bring disappointed in him struck him like a slap. He shook his head. They loved you... He told himself. And he knew that because of how they raised him to be.

Dakota stopped in front of a very gorgeous looking house. It had a cream coloured exterior and brown frames on the Windows, making them look Victorian in a way. The front door imitated a barrel. There were two metal knockers on the door at eye level. But to add a modern touch to it, there was a doorbell on the side.

He took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell but before he took his fingers out, the doors opened. Amy stood there, transformed into a beautiful woman before his eyes. Her brown hair was now shoulder length because of her curls which completely complimented her face. Her big, brown eyes shimmered with happiness as her mouth was twisted into a million dollar smile.

She was breathtaking. She wore a navy blue dress which billowed with every step she took. It reached her ankles...she was beautiful.

"Like what you see?" She smirked. Dakota turned red. Amy looked around and raised her eyebrows.

"No car?" She asked.

"I can't afford one...I'm so sorry." Dakota murmured. Amy smiled.

"That's no problem. We can take my car." She said. Dakota loved how optimistic she could be. He looked around and saw a black Mercedes Ml 500.